Another ESB paintup

Loving this tutorial thread!
I'm just about to start on my full armor build and am gathering the final data and info how to do it.
Of course I have to start on the helmet!

Questions:
  1. It looks like you removed the masking fluid after spraying the grey over the silver area. Is this correct?
  2. Did you then re-apply the masking fluid between paint colors?
  3. Did you only use masking fluid for the silver, and then hand painted the rest of the scratches.
  4. When penciling in the areas for paint, are you drawing the scratches by hand, or do you lay down a paper / vinyl template and trace around it?
Thanks for any help you can provide to this Boba newbie.

Dave

Loving this tutorial thread!
I'm just about to start on my full armor build and am gathering the final data and info how to do it.
Of course I have to start on the helmet!

Questions:
  1. It looks like you removed the masking fluid after spraying the grey over the silver area. Is this correct?
  2. Did you then re-apply the masking fluid between paint colors?
  3. Did you only use masking fluid for the silver, and then hand painted the rest of the scratches.
  4. When penciling in the areas for paint, are you drawing the scratches by hand, or do you lay down a paper / vinyl template and trace around it?
Thanks for any help you can provide to this Boba newbie.

Dave
1)yes
2)yes
3)silver was layed down, then masking fluid, the next color, then masking fluid, and repeat doing a new layer of masking fluid in between each layer of paint after removing the previous layer.
4)I use RafalFetts wonderful templates and add and remove damage I see myself in reference images. His templates are wonderful but we are always finding new things about these pieces. Always keep reference photos printed out and on hand when painting. Keep in mind most of the finer detail is either done or refined with a toothpick or even a sewing needle to keep it as precise as I want it. It's meticulous. Take your time, have fun.

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back