And it broke..... Jetpack Rocket Repair Suggestion?

SmilesLikeJoker

New Hunter
Literally, the first person who touched my jetpack broke it. All I did was hand it to him so I could use both hands for my carrying case, grab my case, look over, and it's broke. >.<

Alright.... The area for the wingnut doesn't seem to be a very strong point. Other than obviously fixing it, I'd like to strengthen it...a lot. It's either that or just connect it permanently to the pack. What suggestion do you guys have? I'm pretty sure it's a MOW pack as most of my items are (complete setup from RS Props).

Thanks!
Patrick

I have a broken rocket as well. I used a Dremel to hollow out both ends enough to fit a 1/2" wide wooden dowel. Put some epoxy in both ends, added the dowel, then found a movie to watch while I sat there holding both ends together, lol.

i broke mine as well . over my asok budget cc and no harm came to the helmet or paint job... what AverageNobody suggested is the way to go. i'm using a small metal rod.. that being the only difference

If you got it from RS its a RS (BFUK) pack. Pics would help and I actually had the same thing happen my first con a few years back with the same pack...the only thing to break was the missle. I repaired it in my hotel room with JB Quick Weld. Pics will show me more but If you can get JB quick weld itll do the trick more then likely...

If you got it from RS its a RS (BFUK) pack. Pics would help and I actually had the same thing happen my first con a few years back with the same pack...the only thing to break was the missle. I repaired it in my hotel room with JB Quick Weld. Pics will show me more but If you can get JB quick weld itll do the trick more then likely...
How well has it held up since then? I'm thinking a long-term/permanent fix with added strength. It seems to be a pretty weak spot in general. I can say this though. It was a clean break.

Right at the base. I've got some cheap glue holding atm just so I don't loose the broken piece lol. Not strong glue. I want to be able to pull it back off.
whereitbroke.jpg

Think it would be best to drill up into the missile put a longer piece of thread and glue it up inside and make your own replacement for that part that centers it if you know what I'm saying. You could use a plumbers putty to make it quickly.

Yea... It will be awhile before I let someone else touch it, even if it's just to hold it for a second lol. Things like this happen. I've had to make all kinds of repairs to my TK from just wear & tear. It's just the nature of actually wearing your costumes lol.

Great ideas all around fellas! Thanks!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back