A different sort of Mando

Kantis Nolef

Active Hunter
I have started of what I like to call my "Party Mando". I'd like some SERIOUS input for the rest of the costume; jumpsuit, vest, shoes, accessories, ect. My helmet is pretty much done, just need to cut out and bend the lens. I have some strobe gauntlets from Spencer's Gifts. I'll try to post pics of everything I have so far.
The reasoning behind this one is I figured this is supposed to be a hobby, something that's fun, so what's more fun than a party. Lights, music, acting goofy, it's all about fun.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Party Mando, huh! Okay here are my suggestions. That gauntlet hose goes to a mini or pony keg of b33r on your back. This means you will have to have a CO2 tank and a cold plate some where. LEDS are going to be your friends! You are a 'Party Mando' after all you are meant to be seen. If the KEG idea is not working go with a boom box for a backpack and have it so it hooks into a MP3 playing device so you can get everyone in the party mood. Some MC Chris or Ludacris should do it.

Anyway, I hope those help. By the way I am serious about those LEDs now.

Is that a 45 to LP adapter on the right chest plate?

Yes it is:D

That gauntlet hose goes to a mini or pony keg of b33r on your back.... go with a boom box for a backpack and have it so it hooks into a MP3 playing device so you can get everyone in the party mood. Some MC Chris or Ludacris should do it.

Anyway, I hope those help. By the way I am serious about those LEDs now.

LEDs were allways part of the plan. Alcomahol would't fly at a con but I was planning to wire up speakers in a JP, with a plasma globe in place of the rocket. I've been putting a playlist together, yes "Fett's Vette" is on there as well as a custom mix made by myself and Marek (who really needs to come back to the forums).

Laugh i did, what a fun idea. You might want a bright Yellow Helment (maybe). Or a white one......

Right now my helmet has day-glo/glow in the dark paint in orange and green.

I was thinking of either having bubbles coming out of the thrusters or I'd carry a bubble gun. This is going to be a costume you'll see/hear before you know it's there.

You could add mirrors,rhinestones or other sparkly things to it. :D I'm thinking of a Las Vegas meets Austin D. Powers look.:lol: (Danger's his middle name) ;). YEAH, BABY!! (y)

austinandcar-for-web2.jpg

I'm actually going more towards a "raver" look but I don't want to call it a raver because I can't do the glow sitck twirly thing and I won't have any "pharmaceuticals". It'll be more neon, bright, flashy, seizure inducing. On that note, I will be sure not to have my strobes on if anyone around me is epileptic.

Not cool

I knew someone would go too far like that, that's why I was hesitant about posting this idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
How about having your helmet like a mando's, but add the beerhat can holders to each side with rediculously long straws comeing out and into the helmet.

-tubachris

Thanks to those that gave serious sugestions, a few reminded me of ideas I had forgotten. I've decided not to post anymore progress here, if anyone really wants to know how it's going you can PM me.

Kantis..

I love the idea. It would work great for DragonCon!!

I`m asking for you to put the progress pics back up.

I`m sure the members with the negative comments will feel the need to refrain from using the adjectives they were using.

Please...Let see some progress on this project!!

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back