A Build Thread of Mythological Proportions (WIP - PIC HEAVY)

FettSpec

Hunter
G’Day TDH!

As a few of you may already know, I have embarked on a journey to recreate my favourite Fett of all – Mythos Boba Fett. I’m sure many of you are familiar with this iteration of Fett, made famous by Sideshows polystone statue. If you haven’t seen it, I invite you to indulge yourself at this link: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/star-wars-boba-fett-mythos-sideshow-collectibles-200158/

Mythos Full Frontal ;P.jpg

As much as I would like to say I am the first to recreate this version of Fett, I am not. I believe that @Fett 4 Real (F4R) was the first that do recreate the Mythos and I must say he did an excellent job. F4R’s build thread has been a key source of information and inspiration for this upcoming build. His attention to detail and research paid dividends for him at the end of his build and I intend to emulate these qualities throughout this thread. F4R’s build thread can be found below:

Fett 4 Real does Mythos: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/fett-4-real-does-mythos-46621/?highlight=mythos+boba+fett

So the first step in any build is the research. The Mythos is not as straight forward as ESB, ROTJ or the Pre Pro series. The statue is not cannon and the costume that is presented has elements from almost all Fetts (this is part of the reason I love it so much). So before I can start purchasing specific parts and decide the paint scheme, a few things need to be confirmed. The aim is to match the statue and apply the Mythos paint scheme with traditional layering techniques. A great deal of this information has already been stated by @RafalFett in parts of F4R’s Mythos build thread, I am merely regurgitating it all in this thread with some minor inputs. This is what has been established so far.

The Helmet:

Helmet Front Comparisson.jpg

As you can see the paint scheme is very much ROTJ with the PP1 ‘eyes’ added. For the front of the helmet you can see that weather in much heavier than both the PP1 and ROTJ. Although the weathering is heavier on the Mythos, the level and areas in which the weathering is applied varies between each statue. Personally I am not a massive fan of the weathering applied to the ROTJ helmet and I much prefer ESB and PP1 style. The nail in the coffin between the ROTJ and PP1 is the Rangefinder. As you can see the rangefinder is not ROTJ and is that of a PP1 or ESB. Noting this, I am leaning towards going screen accurate on the PP1 with the addition of the almighty dent...

Helmet side comparison.jpg

Now onto the side profile of the helmets. As you can see the ears, kill stripes and back left panel are very much ROTJ. On the PP1, the right ear appears to be completely unpainted and this is a sticking point for me as I much preferred the ROTJ ears to the PP1, but I also want to stay reasonably screen accurate. This is all so hard! At the end of the day I think I’ll need to apply some artistic licence and reach a median point between all the helmets.

The Torso:

Torso Front Comparison.jpg

The cape is an obvious stand out in this section. It adopts the same principle of the PP1 being a full poncho rather than a small cape. The poncho – which is now what I will refer to is as – appears to have the base colour of the ESB cape. The cape is attached at a single point as seen in the reference photo.

I draw your attention to the significant weathering on the breast plates that is not feature in any other rendition of Fett. No other set of armour is this heavily weathered nor do they feature the ‘oxidisation’ or tarnishing of the exposed metal. Because of this I intend to liberally apply my artistic licence when in comes to this.

Jet Pack and Wookie Braids.jpg

Wookie Braids and jetpack both appear to be ROTJ and the shoulder bells are most definitely PP1.

Finally onto the gauntlets and are they are an interesting set. They immediately scream PP1 but upon closer inspection you can notice the addition of the hose on the right hand gauntlet which is akin to PP2 and ESB. To sum up the gauntlets simply; they are ESB hardware with ROTJ colours.

Right G Comparison.jpg

The Waist:

Waist Front Coparison.jpg

The main difference that you can see in the above reference photos is the battle skirt. The side pouches that we see on all other Fetts have been removed and appear to be sewed onto the battle skirt. The battle skirt appears to be made out of the same fabric as the poncho. The ammo belt is more akin to the ROTJ than any of the others and the girth belt appears to be a bright red, ROTJ colour.

Waist B Comparision.jpg

The first thing that jumps out at you is the trophy lightsabers that Fett has earned from slaughtering all those pesky ’Jedi Scum’. Man I love this Fett. There is three hanging lightsaber clips, all of variable length. The next obvious thing is the addition of the Pulce 40 which is housed in a custom leather holster. When I was consulting with @Delta13Mike on the custom ammo belt, he pointed out that this actually isn’t the Pulce 40 we know and love from ESB, but a K-11 which never appeared in any of the on screen costumes. The Mythos K-11 is an amalgamation between the standard ESB Pulce 40 and the K-11 that featured in the holiday special but more on this later. I will be covering off on the weapons in much greater detail in a following post. Between the lightsabers, rifles and pistols that this guy carries, there is just way to much to cover on the first post. Finally you can see how the adjustment for the girthbelt is different to all the other Fetts. I have a very cunning way to match this adjustment system but I won’t spoil the fun just yet.

The Boots:

Mythos Right B.jpg

As you can see the boots are pretty standard with the black centre strip so no surprises there. Spats are ROTJ, keeping in theme with the flight suit, wookie braids and girthbelt. The shin tools are the same, however we see the addition of what looks to be a M9/Tanto bayonet strapped to his right leg. Like I said above I'm going to refrain from going into too much detail on the Mythos weaponry.

UPDATE (11/05/16)

The Mythos carries an armada of weaponry which includes a total of five weapons of various types. Out of the five, two are very familiar weapon; ROTJ EE-3 and the Pre-Production Sidearm. For the sake of brevity these two weapons will be left out of the update.

The Blaster Rifle:

The rifle is a straight forward one; it appears to be a hybrid between a clonetrooper DC-15L featured in the prequels and the DC-15LS sniper version that is seen in the “Clone Wars” series. The main points to note are the charging/cocking handle on the right hand side of the rifle and the extended rifle barrel.

Mythos Blaster Rife Comparison.jpg

Blaster Rifle Comparison.jpg

The Automatic Blaster:

Anyone with military experience will immediately recognise this weapon as a M60 machine gun which was made famous in the Vietnam war. As you can see below the weapon appears to be relatively unaltered except for the end of the barrel that has received the token Star Wars spin.

M60 Comparison.png

The Sidearm:

The sidearm took a little longer to decipher. Originally I thought it was exactly the same as the ESB Pulce. As mentioned above @Delta13Mike corrected me on this and it is most definitely not the ESB sidearm. It is instead, what is referred to as, a Sucros K-11. The first time this side arm appeared was in the Holiday Special. The only holiday special version I can use to compare too is the 3D printed version that @toolguy301 designed. The second version is still called a K-11 but is not seen in any cinema or pre-production costumes. From record, the only time I can tell that it has appeared is in a number of early edition Sideshow Boba Fett statues.

K-11 Comparison.jpg

Well then, that concludes the first of what I hope will be many post that will make up this build thread. I encourage everyone to jump in and highlight anything that I may have missed and provide any advice you have. I will need all the help I can get to finish what seems to be a monstrous task. The next post will cover what parts I have already accumulated and I will be asking for some advice on what other additional parts that you all recommend that I use in the build.

Stay tuned,

FettSpec

Last edited by a moderator:
A Build Thread of Mythological Proportions

Good luck....its a lot of stuff that's not readily made so you get to build it yourself or custom made for you.

And that m60 in metal is heavy as heck.

Sent from my iPhone

Very excited for this as I was for F4R's! This is definitely a dream suit of mine. Staying tuned...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A

Good luck....its a lot of stuff that's not readily made so you get to build it yourself or custom made for you.

And that m60 in metal is heavy as heck.

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks F4R, I bloody well need it. I look forward to your input throughout this build.

I dont plan on making sporting a metal M60. Not because I don't like the idea of carrying it but because it'll be really hard to get my hands on anything airsoft or otherwise down here.

Very excited for this as I was for F4R's! This is definitely a dream suit of mine. Staying tuned...

It's a dream suit of mine too (obviously!). I got sick of just looking at it - I needed something I could touch.

Hopefully I can do the statue proud.

Can't wait to see this suit progress! I think I speak for a lot of people here, this suit is totally B.A.!

Thanks F4R, I bloody well need it. I look forward to your input throughout this build.

I dont plan on making sporting a metal M60. Not because I don't like the idea of carrying it but because it'll be really hard to get my hands on anything airsoft or otherwise down here.

It's a dream suit of mine too (obviously!). I got sick of just looking at it - I needed something I could touch.

Hopefully I can do the statue proud.

How are you going to handle the m60 then? Wood? If I had a wood workshop I'd have built mine that way...woodchuck makes some great replicas out of wood.

I think the easiest , maybe not 100% perfect but light way to do it would be to find a 3d model of an M60 and see if there's a member or someone you know who can print it. It'd cost you a bit to pay for their materials and rime spent on it, but it wouldn't be metal, and it'd be light and if parts break you can get new pieces printed. Just an idea. Otherwise getting a replica m60 would probably be the best idea

How are you going to handle the m60 then? Wood? If I had a wood workshop I'd have built mine that way...woodchuck makes some great replicas out of wood.

Unfortunately I do not have access to a workshop either, so making it myself won't be an option. I am leaning towards Woodchuck - I have seen plenty of his work. I'm thinking of approaching him to make the K-11 and the long arms for me as well.

I think the easiest , maybe not 100% perfect but light way to do it would be to find a 3d model of an M60 and see if there's a member or someone you know who can print it. It'd cost you a bit to pay for their materials and rime spent on it, but it wouldn't be metal, and it'd be light and if parts break you can get new pieces printed. Just an idea. Otherwise getting a replica m60 would probably be the best idea

I did also consider 3D printing. The problem is that I found that not many guys out there do it cheaply. Id also be a bit worried about its durability over the long term. I like your suggestions though.

Im going to cover off in much more detail on the weapons and give them a break down similar to my first post. After that I'll do a breakdown of my parts list which will state who I have got parts from and who I intend to ask for parts.

Yeah this is a really cool version of Boba Fett, I especially adore the light saber trophies hanging from the back. Good luck and keep up updated!

Great idea. Like his kama. The desert dirty look is very inspiring. Keep sharing.

southern Indiana
scott

Alright guys I have been working on the next update to this thread which will cover off on the weapons, including all the trophies.

I have been pretty busy organizing some custom work that will be needed so i haven't been giving the update the attention it needs. Should be posted sometime early next week.

Okay guys I have updated the first post with weapon information in an attempt to keep this thread as organised as possible. As I stated in the first post, please weigh in with any advice or criticism you have. The more help, the better the build.

So the charging handle on the DC is a fett beacon light...keep that in mind...

The M60 also has a laser or something covering the ejection port on the M60...on top where it would open to load the ammo....

So the charging handle on the DC is a fett beacon light...keep that in mind...

The M60 also has a laser or something covering the ejection port on the M60...on top where it would open to load the ammo....
I noticed that little guy on the charging handle - it made me smile. Thanks for the info on the laser, I completely missed that one.

I'm still unsure what weapons I'm going to troop with...

Sent from my SM-G925I

Now that the majority of the required details have been teased out, its time to disclose the parts list that I currently have. I intend to update this post with pictures of before and after for each part but ill get onto that later. Starting from top to bottom:

MYTHOS FETT

Helmet: GMH with Mojo Ears (should be provided in FettPride’s final runs but I haven’t heard from him in months). I ordered an Animefan FP Premium as a backup.
Flight Suit with Neck Seal: Arkady
Flack Vest: Batninja
Amour: RedKreyDragon
Horsehair Wookie Braids: Woodman
Cape/Poncho: Woodman
Jetpack: Bobamaker
Jetpack Beacon: MachineCraft
Jetpack Stabilizer: MachineCraft
Jetpack Hooks and Clips: [EMPTY]
Jetpack Harness: [EMPTY]
Replica US Divers Belt: [EMPTY]
Gloves: [EMPTY]
Gauntlets: cruzer
Gauntlet Darts: MachineCraft
Flamethrower: combatbaby
Girth Belt: Woodman
Ammo Belt: Delta13Mike
Kama: Woodman
Knee Armour: RedKrayDragon
Knee Darts: MachineCraft
Shin Tools: toolguy301
Boots: MoW
Toe Spikes: MachineCraft

WEAPONS

EE-3: Stormrider
Blaster Rifle: [EMPTY]
Automatic Blaster: [EMPTY]
K-11: [EMPTY]
PP1 Pistol: [EMPTY]
Trophy Lightsabres: toolguy301
Boot Knife: [EMPTY]

ELECTRONICS

Chest display: [EMPTY]
Self Contained Rangefinder Lights: [EMPTY]
Jetpack Beacon Light Kit: [EMPTY]

If anyone has suggestions on what parts I should get and who from, please let me know. As always, everyone’s advice is welcome and highly valued.

Woah, great read so far! I look forward to your build!

Also, if it makes you feel better, I talked to Chris a few days ago and he's working around the clock completing orders!

Woah, great read so far! I look forward to your build!

Also, if it makes you feel better, I talked to Chris a few days ago and he's working around the clock completing orders!

Thanks rnbuda!

Good news, I know he is busy and I have been conscious to give him the space he needs instead of bugging him with constant messages. Cheers for the heads up.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back