1st timer - ESB helmet paint up

jagerwick

New Hunter
Hey all. I had been lurking here for a long time and finally decided to dive in a few months back.

Got a helmet and went for it. I used stencils for the back panels, then a lot of reference material for everything else. I know it's not 100% movie accurate, but I'm rather pleased with it.

Any suggestions, comments or criticisms are welcome.

Big props to the following people, they make some excellent, excellent products:
Helmet: FPH2 by Wasted Fett
Hollow Stalk: rafalworks via shapeways
servo kit and leds: Jc27
dry transfers: superjedi

RKfAaqR.jpg UV6aEQ9.jpg

Last edited:
Wow that looks fantastic. How long would you say it took you from laying down your first color to putting on your last speck of weathering?

Wow that looks fantastic. How long would you say it took you from laying down your first color to putting on your last speck of weathering?

Thanks buddy!

I got the helmet on Oct 1st, so about a month and a half. Had a number of days that I didn't work on it, due to work trips.

Thanks buddy!

I got the helmet on Oct 1st, so about a month and a half. Had a number of days that I didn't work on it, due to work trips.
A MONTH AND A HALF?!?!?! Good lord... I'm 2 months in and only have the back panels completely done, with silver and light gray down on the rest! I still have at least another month left until I'm planning on being done. What's your secret?!?!? My biggest time sink is 100% the stencils.

A MONTH AND A HALF?!?!?! Good lord... I'm 2 months in and only have the back panels completely done, with silver and light gray down on the rest! I still have at least another month left until I'm planning on being done. What's your secret?!?!? My biggest time sink is 100% the stencils.

lol I didn't use the stencils very much outside of the rear panels. It was mostly looking at them and then pictures. I also read through each of the paint up threads probably 4 times a day while at work. Especially the one Terminal Fettler did One last wafer thin ESB paint job...

That one really helped me plan throughout the day and then go home and lay some color down. I also tend to spray at a high psi, so I can get a couple coats down without much time in between.

And I have an addictive personality so I wanted it done now! lol I'll probably keep making tweaks to it as I finish the rest of the suit.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back