Woodman ROTJ Wookie Braids - Weathering?

Irongladiator

Active Hunter
TDH PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello my fellow Fett's,
I got a set of Woodman's ROTJ Wookie Braids and wondered about weathering them - specifically the so-called "Pineapple Knots". The 501st CRL doesn't mention anything about them being weathered.
1650743875341.png

And here is my Woodman set.....
Woodman's ROTJ Wookie Braids.jpg

Just an outstanding set from the Woodman. But again my concern is that on mine the Pineapple Knots to me, seem a bit too White. One of my ideas was getting my hands dirty (from the dirt outside) and then handling the pineapple knots. Just looking for your guys' thoughts.

Thanks,
-Iron

I would almost leave them as is. But getting them a little dirty with some dirty hands could be a good idea. It could being out the detail in the knot itself. Maybe even a very light dry brush of some earth tones.

Maybe it's a vinyl material? I'd try one of your coffee baths? But a very light brew for a short period of time. Or a pin wash. Just be careful not to ruin the knots!

And if/when the time comes for the 501st. (Thinking Fall of 2022) I’ll worry about it then if they throw a stink about em’. (Which honestly, I don’t think they would)

-Iron

I love using Vallejo weathering pigment powder, a light brush over of their dark earth color then rub it off with your fingers should do just the trick for bringing out the detail and adding a subtle tone to it. You can always go back and wash it off if need be. Once u get it where u want, a light misting of clear flat should set it in place or just let it be and nature will add or take away what is needed. Weathering powders or even fuller’s earth are great low key solutions to stuff like this.

I love using Vallejo weathering pigment powder, a light brush over of their dark earth color then rub it off with your fingers should do just the trick for bringing out the detail and adding a subtle tone to it. You can always go back and wash it off if need be. Once u get it where u want, a light misting of clear flat should set it in place or just let it be and nature will add or take away what is needed. Weathering powders or even fuller’s earth are great low key solutions to stuff like this.

Fettacini
It was funny, at the time you put in your two cents yesterday, I just happened to be at my local hobby store. And I ended up picking these two products up....
Vallejo Pigments.jpg

I then watched a quick video on the many ways to apply this stuff:
I'll give er' a go and see what happens!

Thanks,
-Iron

Hello my fellow Fett's,
I got a set of Woodman's ROTJ Wookie Braids and wondered about weathering them - specifically the so-called "Pineapple Knots". The 501st CRL doesn't mention anything about them being weathered.
View attachment 222761

And here is my Woodman set.....
View attachment 222762

Just an outstanding set from the Woodman. But again my concern is that on mine the Pineapple Knots to me, seem a bit too White. One of my ideas was getting my hands dirty (from the dirt outside) and then handling the pineapple knots. Just looking for your guys' thoughts.

Thanks,
-Iron
How did you get wood man to reply back to you to order them , I tried DM but no response for days

How did you get wood man to reply back to you to order them , I tried DM but no response for days
woodgod
I honestly only had to ping him twice to order the braids, about two weeks apart. I first tried to place my order with Woodman around the holidays and I suspected I didn't get a reply because he was either on vacation or spending time with his family. So I then re-pinged after the holidays (Mid January) and got a reply! But that was my experience.

-Iron

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back