WIP ROTJ Fett

Don't bleach the suit. if you do decide to go the route of re-dying it, use RIT dye remover instead of bleach. Bleach will sometimes prevent the dye from working when you re-dye it. The dye remover is decent if you just want to lighten it as well. Just do a quick bath and removal before it starts to suck all the color out. Also, don't panic if it turns yellow initially. I freaked out when re-doing my PP2 suit a while back. Good luck!
I ended up losing 3 packs of RIT colour remover and slowly lightened the colour until I got it to what I think is a good colour. Just frustrating since the suit photographs different depending on the l light source lol. Once I weather it I’ll post pics again.

I ended up losing 3 packs of RIT colour remover and slowly lightened the colour until I got it to what I think is a good colour. Just frustrating since the suit photographs different depending on the l light source lol. Once I weather it I’ll post pics again.
Very similar to my experience with the color remover. Better to lighten gradually than to overdue it the first go. Look forward to seeing your picks. I'm upgrading my ROTJ display with a new flight suit and armor so might be going down a similar path soon.

Very similar to my experience with the color remover. Better to lighten gradually than to overdue it the first go. Look forward to seeing your picks. I'm upgrading my ROTJ display with a new flight suit and armor so might be going down a similar path soon.
Yah it’s very frustrating but hopefully worth it in the end, I’ll be posting some updated phots soon.

My Minutefett Fett ROTJ armor finally arrived, he made good on his mistake and even trimmed a couple of pieces for me. The only issue is the left chest piece doesn’t have any slots to cut out for electronics not sure if it’s supposed to be like this but it’s thin enough that I can carefully do it myself, I just want to start on this lol. Now the fun begins.

Attachments

• 37E648A1-1E13-4582-A91B-0F70F82E8884.jpeg
    37E648A1-1E13-4582-A91B-0F70F82E8884.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 81
That was one of the selling points and something that held great value to me, was that this was completed already by Boba Maker. I'm sure it is an easy thing to do if you have a dremel (Which I do). But taking that added stress off of me was a nice bonus - And something I was willing to pay extra for. To have his pieces come to me trimmed, primed and ready to paint out of the box was really nice....
Boba Maker - Amor Set.jpg

One wonders if Minute Fett and the other vendors would do the trimming and priming for an added price?

-Iron

That was one of the selling points and something that held great value to me, was that this was completed already by Boba Maker. I'm sure it is an easy thing to do if you have a dremel (Which I do). But taking that added stress off of me was a nice bonus - And something I was willing to pay extra for. To have his pieces come to me trimmed, primed and ready to paint out of the box was really nice....
View attachment 233428

One wonders if Minute Fett and the other vendors would do the trimming and priming for an added price?

-Iron
That armor looks really good, the Minutefett armor seems nice, not hard to trim just want to make sure I get the chest slots m the right position. My last set of armor which I used for my mannequin had the slots I just had to cut them out with my Dremel.

Finished trimming of my Minutefett armor and a layer of x-11 silver laid down. Next up is to stencil and mask the yellow.

Attachments

• 40B07D75-4F75-4A55-8FEF-414D31BC1839.jpeg
    40B07D75-4F75-4A55-8FEF-414D31BC1839.jpeg
    1,004.9 KB · Views: 82
Spent last two days painting my armor got the green and yellow down and now just have to weather and add some topical damage and the light ghetto green on the armor.

Attachments

• F0FDBD6E-2A3C-43C1-A214-976F4394687F.jpeg
    F0FDBD6E-2A3C-43C1-A214-976F4394687F.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 81
  • 69F541AF-E4C5-4124-8C84-CC429901D555.jpeg
    69F541AF-E4C5-4124-8C84-CC429901D555.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 83
Over the past couple of days I painted up two sets of armor one my new minutefett and the other some extras I had laying around. Both still need weathering, the Minutefett was painted with Tamiya personal mix and the other with Testors medium green. Not sure which to use I’m sure I’m sure they will both change once weathering is added.

Attachments

• E043E2F4-CC81-4DDC-BD9E-EE8A84872517.jpeg
    E043E2F4-CC81-4DDC-BD9E-EE8A84872517.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 91
  • 940BF234-C116-402E-B62C-B14D2760E8B3.jpeg
    940BF234-C116-402E-B62C-B14D2760E8B3.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 95
Over the past couple of days I painted up two sets of armor one my new minutefett and the other some extras I had laying around. Both still need weathering, the Minutefett was painted with Tamiya personal mix and the other with Testors medium green. Not sure which to use I’m sure I’m sure they will both change once weathering is added.
Which one is medium green? Both looks good!

The ROTJ flightsuit is the ESB flightsuit. It’s just faded and more washed out. More heavily weathered too.
As one of the few “Infamous” ROTJ Fetts still around, I’d like to assure you that the BHG — regardless of how your 501st garrison judges it — will expect to see that “tinge of blue” in the flight suit… it was indeed the ESB suit faded in the years between movies.

So Luis aka minutefett left the slots out of the armor so the customer can decide what is the “right” placement for the slots which I personally think is way better than them being pre-cut, it gives you more control over your build in a sense. It’s been said a few times but get that blue on the flight suit then let the color get worn out of it and this should give you the perfect look for ROTJ since it is the ESB flight suit. Your build is coming along!

So Luis aka minutefett left the slots out of the armor so the customer can decide what is the “right” placement for the slots which I personally think is way better than them being pre-cut, it gives you more control over your build in a sense. It’s been said a few times but get that blue on the flight suit then let the color get worn out of it and this should give you the perfect look for ROTJ since it is the ESB flight suit. Your build is coming along!
Thanks, the minutefett armor is really nice to work on and I didn’t have any issues cutting out the slots just used a template and it cut out nicely. The flight suit took two rounds of RIT Color remover I think it is pretty close now, will know better when I weather the suit (hopefully this weekend) along with the armor I can’t wait.

If you don’t decide to dye the flight suit a light blue first I would definitely suggest hitting some areas white weathering with a very light blue like on parts of the sleeves and the inner parts of the pouches and this will help creat that faded blue feel of the ROTJ hero suit!

Got knees/shoulders and backplates done on armour now I can start weathering everything up and can see which one is best and begin to put the suit together. Getting close can’t wait just waiting for jet pack harness to arrive too.

Attachments

• 2202730B-DA23-4F6F-9088-8BAEF0A0ECFB.jpeg
    2202730B-DA23-4F6F-9088-8BAEF0A0ECFB.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 95
  • 7304438A-0D8F-473F-8C7B-029F3C034C21.jpeg
    7304438A-0D8F-473F-8C7B-029F3C034C21.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 90
Got knees/shoulders and backplates done on armour now I can start weathering everything up and can see which one is best and begin to put the suit together. Getting close can’t wait just waiting for jet pack harness to arrive too.
Looking really awesome and your speed is impressive!

This thread is more than 11 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back