Will you dye my MOW Flight Suit // ROTJ

jonmcclay

Active Hunter
I'm curious if there is anyone I can commission to dye my ROTJ Man of War Studios flight suit?

I haven't found a good guide for this process...so now I'm curious if I can pay someone to help me.

Hi Jon

There's a ton of guidance on here from people who've done this themselves ... its a matter of personal taste in the end .. Its a very subjective subject due to the variance in grading on images and film etc. So i doubt you'll get many takers to dye it for you if im honest. no one wants the responsibility of being told its 'not what you expected'.

Also to be honest .... a lot of this hobby is about having a go yourself and getting input and support from others so there's a level of expectation that most folks on this board will be here for advice on doing it themselves.

As most of the base outfits are supplied in cotton i'd follow someone else experience and give it a go ... you can always 'knock it back' later if needs be. Or .. trade in the MOW one and get a pr-dyed suit from Arkady who's been making flight suits for a long time. If it was me id definitely just give it a whirl.

You actually just need to search at a fairly top level and you'll find a lot of threads on dying the flight suit so even if its cost you a bit and you're slightly nervous of giving it a go there's enough input from members on these pages for you to be able to do this and ... feel an awesome sense of pride for giving it a go. in the time you'll spend waiting for a response you probably could have done it yourself anyway.

anyhoo .... Some starting links you may find useful which literally took two seconds and good luck!

1/
2/ Flight Suit - Correct color for ROTJ Boba flight suit.
3/ Dyeing the jumpsuit

I appreciate the links. Some keyboard warriors prefer to leave a “let me google that for you” link without actually taking a moment to see how many links appear.
I’ve been searching around the forum at different times over the last year and I have not found a recipe that I felt comfortable with.

i tend tostop reading when someone has a photo of their work totally failing after following the same process.

Ha ha .. thats true .. what works for one isn't necessarily going to work for everyone. on the other had as Captain kirk once said ... 'Risk is part of the game if you want to sit in that (Command) chair!'

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back