Where do I find Rubies costume for a low price?

Haskell60

New Hunter
Hi - I wanted to start off with the Rubies costume and do some mods myself. Are there any sources for these other that Ebay or Amazon?

I would just use the costume for local Halloween parties, not any conventions, so it is really just for fun, and I cannot spend thousands on this unfortunately. Thanks!

I'm assuming you're talking about the "supreme edition." Y'know I've never taken the time to really look at this thing before. After doing so... Please, don't do it. Just don't. Do anything else, but don't spend $600 on that thing (I mean what are they trying to pull here? No boot toppers? Insanity!)

Thanks guys - I think I did need that sanity check. Here is what I decided to do:

Get enough essentials to be ready for this Halloween season (Helmet, suit, chest armor, braids, boots and cape) and then just add a few details every year. I like the idea of trying to modify some things as a project, so I may get a helmet unfinished and try to paint/scuff myself. This way I'll be about $500 in for this season, and then go from there. I'll have to keep searching Ebay for armor parts at a low price, but I have some time.

Thanks again!

Id say if you really want to stay CHEAP get a target helmet.... repaint or not. Make some armor from sintra.... get a flightsuit of some sort from here (used) OR get a cucblack flightsuit (theyre cheap enough if he still makes them?) maybe find used gaunts and if you can find a used blaster youre set. If not get a toy one...though theyre TINY for a grown person.

Id say if you really want to stay CHEAP get a target helmet.... repaint or not. Make some armor from sintra.... get a flightsuit of some sort from here (used) OR get a cucblack flightsuit (theyre cheap enough if he still makes them?) maybe find used gaunts and if you can find a used blaster youre set. If not get a toy one...though theyre TINY for a grown person.
^^^ this. You can find the rinky dink Target helmet for like 50 bucks, and sintra costs almost nothing. My buddy made a whole Jango Fett costume for this son this way. There's bound to be some jetpack DIY made out of PVC pipe and other stuff, or you could possibly have it 3D printed. Same for the gaunts, you could probably smack a bunch of stuff together from the plumbing section of Lowes, paint it red and weather it with silver, bam. Now you've spent $200 for a DIY costume instead of that liquid garbage disease that is Rubies. You do NOT want to spend that much money on that much low quality trash.

Stay away from eBay. It’s a trap!!

With the exception of MOW, eBay is not worth it.

In addition, avoid Etsy for the most part. Do research before buying.
Especially avoid the seller "GalacticRebelForces" - really avoid anything made from Sintra on etsy as sellers there over charge like crazy. You can buy a sheet and cut it yourself for a fraction of what etsy sellers charge.

Thanks all! So I am not good with cutting and bending, so I may end up getting a pre-cut set of sintra armor online if I can get at a good price. I am comfortable trying the painting, so I will still be able to craft it a bit. I’ll keep my eyes peeled here for the flightsuit and other smaller parts. Thanks again!

Use your money to buy a CR10 3D printer. then, You can print all the parts for Fett. Thingiverse has almost all Boba Fett armor, helmet and jet pack.
I am 100% not joking. I wish I had a 3d printer before I started Fett. would have saved me a lot of money.
Also, by the sound of you looking for a rubies, this means you have not done your research. Fett is one of the hardest SW builds and took me 2 1/2 years to build him. This includes my first fett along with upgrading almost everything just to make 501'st. Don't expect it to be complete before Halloween

Use your money to buy a CR10 3D printer. then, You can print all the parts for Fett. Thingiverse has almost all Boba Fett armor, helmet and jet pack.
I am 100% not joking. I wish I had a 3d printer before I started Fett. would have saved me a lot of money.
Also, by the sound of you looking for a rubies, this means you have not done your research. Fett is one of the hardest SW builds and took me 2 1/2 years to build him. This includes my first fett along with upgrading almost everything just to make 501'st. Don't expect it to be complete before Halloween

I do like the sound of 3d printing. I asked Bobamaker however for unpainted is June 2019 and I can't wait that long. Money isn't an issue for screen accurate as I am going for clearance with UKG (I'm already cleared for UKG - RI)
Does someone have a list of all the screen accurate ESB parts? I can get all this printed but I just want to make the correct 3d print downloads before I start.

Buy cheap .......Buy twice.

When I started off building my Fett I bought some stuff that I thought was good but after a while I realised it wasn't going to be up to standard. My only advice to you is really think how serious you are about building this costume and where possible spend that little extra for the better quality part as in the long run it will pay off and if you loose interest will still resell at a good price.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back