What Happened to the Supertrooper Paint?

Baruopa

Jr Hunter
If all six of the production made helmets were originally painted a gloss white for the supertrooper project (and I believe they were), what happened to the white paint when they decided to go the Boba Fett route? I've seen somewhere on here a quote from Sandy saying when she got the helmets for painting they were still gloss white, so was the white paint removed? Or was it simply just painted over, meaning there's a layer of gloss white at the base of all the production made helmets? Does anybody know?

Not all the Supertrooper/Prototype helmets were painted white, because they were already cast in white gelcoat with fiberglass laid in the interior. The original Supertrooper was painted and it became the Pre-Pro #1; most likely the helmet was painted with a coat of primer before the first color was sprayed.

Not all the Supertrooper/Prototype helmets were painted white, because they were already cast in white gelcoat with fiberglass laid in the interior. The original Supertrooper was painted and it became the Pre-Pro #1; most likely the helmet was painted with a coat of primer before the first color was sprayed.
Were all six of them done in white gelcoat? Browsing TDH I found this lineage chart that refers to the ESB supertrooper as grey, but I can't seem to find why it was listed as such. Does that insinuate the ESB helmet was done in a grey gelcoat? Or painted/primed grey??

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 12.53.06 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 12.53.06 AM.png
    2 MB · Views: 218
Were all six of them done in white gelcoat? Browsing TDH I found this lineage chart that refers to the ESB supertrooper as grey, but I can't seem to find why it was listed as such. Does that insinuate the ESB helmet was done in a grey gelcoat? Or painted/primed grey??
The ESB helmet was primered gray.

Does this mean that the supertrooper helmet was just the unpainted raw cast? Or was it painted white over the gelcoat or glossed up in some way?

Does this mean that the supertrooper helmet was just the unpainted raw cast? Or was it painted white over the gelcoat or glossed up in some way?
The original Supertrooper helmet was cast in white gelcoat and painted thick in white with a gloss coat.

Most of the other helmets were also painted white including the PP2, RotJ and the third helmet received by Daydream Productions from LFL.

The original Supertrooper helmet was cast in white gelcoat and painted thick in white with a gloss coat.

Most of the other helmets were also painted white including the PP2, RotJ and the third helmet received by Daydream Productions from LFL.
These whites were then presumably sprayed over with primer before being repainted as Boba Fett? Meaning the white gloss paint would, theoretically, still be under there?

And this means the ESB helmet was NOT painted white, it's white gelcoat was immediately primed grey and sent off to be painted as Boba Fett?

The helmets Daydream Productions did arrived already painted white:

85A6CEDE-7ABF-4472-B456-887102F89B02.jpeg

They were then primered and repainted with a high high likelihood that the white remains underneath. Seeing as how it was so rushed that they masked the ears off in place on the helmets rather than remove them for paint:

E476A173-25B1-4062-ABA8-F41F6FAF9E25.jpeg

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back