Wasted Fett Jango helmet build by Fett 4 Real

It's hard to nail down exactly when in the Kamino battle that he gets the dent, and part of that is the fault of the CG animators. I grabbed some quick screen shots...

First, the money shot of Jango that was in the first trailer. Right at the beginning of the battle he turns to see Obi-Wan coming. **Human/no dent**

View attachment 126698

Then, right after that is the CG model of Jango about to take flight. Here, he does have the dent **CG model/dent**

View attachment 126699

Next is when he fires the rocket from his pack, and the dent is still there...(notice the range finder aimed at his back too) **CG model/dent**

View attachment 126700

Yet, after he crash lands and loses his pistol he does not have the dent. (blurry pic, hard to get a clean shot of this as it is literally only a second or two long) **human/no dent**

View attachment 126701

But after he gets kicked by Obi-Wan and headbutts Obi-Wan the dent is present. It's also after he crashes to the ground losing the jetpack, but I can't get a clear shot of his helmet in between those two scenes. **human/dent**

View attachment 126702

So, it's in there that the costumers switched to the dented one.

Same stills I have also. But yeah CGI magik. Lol. ‍

Last edited:
May 4th and we’re all ready to come home!

Attachments

• 57D34431-AE09-49E8-818F-64FA9AB467F5.jpeg
    57D34431-AE09-49E8-818F-64FA9AB467F5.jpeg
    432.3 KB · Views: 340
Bucket looks beautiful! Really wanna pick one of these up from WF.
The dent is actually visible during the Kamino fight Im pretty sure, but it comes and goes depending on the shot/CGI. I think it might be visible when hes on the pillar about to fire the rocket, and maybe right before Kenobi kicks him. Been a while since ive watched AOTC. Both versions are correct though

So rewatching the Kamino fight, I think the intent for the dent is from when he headbutts Kenobi. Its present on the actor and cgi in all scenes after that moment, albeit a bit hard to make out in the rain unless you slow it way down.
its definitely visible when hes up on the column too, but I think this is just a goof on the part of the cgi team using the same model for everything hoping nobody would notice lol

So rewatching the Kamino fight, I think the intent for the dent is from when he headbutts Kenobi. Its present on the actor and cgi in all scenes after that moment, albeit a bit hard to make out in the rain unless you slow it way down.
its definitely visible when hes up on the column too, but I think this is just a goof on the part of the cgi team using the same model for everything hoping nobody would notice lol

Interesting, I see it from when he's up on the column onwards, before he even fights Kenobi up close. Only not there during initial engagement and maybe in the CGI flying for the cable grab on Obi's hands. Definitely even on the real costume when he's sliding down the roof.

Great helmet build too! :D

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back