vest weathering

Hi guys, I need advice on my vest! It has a sheen to it that I need to tone down, and was wondering the best way to give it a more matt finish. the material has a shiny sheen to it and I was thinking maybe an airbrushing would solve it- maybe a matt varnish? any help would be much appreciated!!

Just give it a few LIGHT dustings with gray, black and tan paints... either spray cans or airbrush. Do it from a good distance so that you don't get full coverage. Your just looking to tone it down a tiny bit.

webchief said:
Just give it a few LIGHT dustings with gray, black and tan paints... either spray cans or airbrush. Do it from a good distance so that you don't get full coverage. Your just looking to tone it down a tiny bit.

That's exactely how I did all of my soft parts. I didn't use any gray paints though just black and tan. If you use a spray can, do make sure you are a good distance from your suit.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back