Vest question.....

EVO3

Hunter
Hi, i was gonna attempt to sew my own vest. I found some good material and a pattern. My only question is, what do you guys normaly use to line the inside of the vest with? I gotta make sure i get this right the first time. Thanks in advance!

GrottyFurball

Active Hunter
I'm lining the insides of the short little sleeve type things with that 1/8" foam used for the upholstry in cars for like the ceiling but other than that I don't think anything needs to be lined.

batninja

Well-Known Hunter
I pad the front with batting, and use the same for the quilted sleeves. You can get it at Jo-Ann's or Hancock Fabrics...even Wal-Mart carries batting.

I don't use anything for the back.

EVO3

Hunter
batninja said:
I pad the front with batting, and use the same for the quilted sleeves. You can get it at Jo-Ann's or Hancock Fabrics...even Wal-Mart carries batting.

I don't use anything for the back.

I went to wally world yesterday and found a few different thickneses. How thick is the batting that you use?

Thanks!

Dha Syntir

Active Hunter
I am thinking about doing my own vest as well-heck there's a brand new sewing machine sitting idle. Now I just have to learn how to use it! My question is, where do I find a suitable pattern to fit my needs? Can I find one for free online in someone's tutorial or something? Or will I have to modify a McCalls pattern or the like? Thanks for your time guys...

Dha Syntir, AKA Michael