Value of a Don Post Deluxe Boba Fett helmet from '96.

New Hunter
Hello guys. I am new to this forum.

As I consider buying a complete, used ESB Boba Fett suit from a fellow trooper. I consider selling my Don Post Deluxe Boba Fett Helmet, to help me fund my dream of owning the whole costume...

My DP helmet is from 1996, and has number 80 on the plaque inside the helmet. Can anybody tell me how much I could get for it?

And is Ebay the place to go, or would TDH be the place to sell it to a collector?

Any advice will be appreciated.

(P.S. I know there is a older thread asking the same question, but it seems nobody is reading that one anymore).

The helmet isn't worth that much but it's still a collector's piece. It also depends how much the complete Fett costs.

Thanks. Well the complete Fett suit is around 4000 USD, but the sale of the DP helmet is just to help finance the suit. I bought the helmet in '97 for around 900 USD. As I mentioned, it is number 80 out of a 1000 made. How much do you think somebody would pay for it today?

I am sure when you paid $900 in late 1990's, this helmet was top of the line. But considering that Master Replica came out with a more accurate helmet and makers/painters here can do a more detailed and accurate job on the helmets than Don Post, I think it will be hard to get your money back from the common buyer. It will probably take a very rare collector to pay top money for it. I would assume that it is the limited edition one on this link:
http://www.starwarshelmets.com/don_post_Boba_Fett-statue-helmet.htm

My guess there is a market for it, but it will be rare. Give it a try and ask what you paid for and get a starting range from there. Someone on ebay has been trying to sell the full size complete Don Post Boba Fett Statue for sometime. They started at 15K and now is down to 11k. I think like anything, if someone really wants it they will pay for it. Best of luck.

I purchased # 71 from Art 2 years ago for $600, and it also has a Jeremy signature inside. But thing are worth exactly what someone is willing to pay for them. I never could afford any of the ICONS lightsbaers back in the 90's, but now I have them and almost all the MR stuff. Same thing with cars at an auction, you get the right buyer in the room, that had or always wanted what you have, they will go a little higher for nostalgia. Best of luck!

I am sure when you paid $900 in late 1990's, this helmet was top of the line. But considering that Master Replica came out with a more accurate helmet and makers/painters here can do a more detailed and accurate job on the helmets than Don Post, I think it will be hard to get your money back from the common buyer. It will probably take a very rare collector to pay top money for it. I would assume that it is the limited edition one on this link:
http://www.starwarshelmets.com/don_post_Boba_Fett-statue-helmet.htm

My guess there is a market for it, but it will be rare. Give it a try and ask what you paid for and get a starting range from there. Someone on ebay has been trying to sell the full size complete Don Post Boba Fett Statue for sometime. They started at 15K and now is down to 11k. I think like anything, if someone really wants it they will pay for it. Best of luck.

Thanks. Sounds like a realistic advice.

- - - Updated - - -

I purchased # 71 from Art 2 years ago for $600, and it also has a Jeremy signature inside. But thing are worth exactly what someone is willing to pay for them. I never could afford any of the ICONS lightsbaers back in the 90's, but now I have them and almost all the MR stuff. Same thing with cars at an auction, you get the right buyer in the room, that had or always wanted what you have, they will go a little higher for nostalgia. Best of luck!

Thanks. So the Jeremy signature inside increased it's value? Maybe I could get that. He's visiting soon. ;)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back