Vac-formed Helmet

Jodo Kast 2749

Active Hunter
I've always wondered by no one has offered Fett helmet out of vaccuformed plastic. You could do it as 3 parts - dome, front and back. The ear pieces would cover the seems.

I know a vac'd helmet wouldn't be as strong (or as accurate to some degree) as a fibreglass helmet and some of the details would be a bit softer but an ABS Fett helmet would still be pretty sweet and damned light.

Hmmmm.....

Jodo_Kast said:
I've always wondered by no one has offered Fett helmet out of vaccuformed plastic. You could do it as 3 parts - dome, front and back. The ear pieces would cover the seems.

I know a vac'd helmet wouldn't be as strong (or as accurate to some degree) as a fibreglass helmet and some of the details would be a bit softer but an ABS Fett helmet would still be pretty sweet and damned light.

Hmmmm.....
I've always wondered about that one too.

JoNich said:
Wouldn't it be very much more prone to flexing or cracking?
That is probably the issue. Although trooper helmets are made from ABS or Styrene, Trooper helmets do not have as much paint on them (if any) as a Fett bucket does. Imagine all your hard work painting your bucket and the paintjob starts to crack and flake off after some wear and tear.

Man I tell ya...there are some talented people out there!!! I've always wanted to get into vac-forming...looks like it is very tidious and time consuming. Nice pics Jango Fett Jr. Thanks for sharing.

If you're concerned about that, it'd just be best to form the helmet and then coat the inside with some resin just to give it some extra strength, then it's not full fiberglass, but still has extra stability

-=QuinN!

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back