Using the Mustard Trick

TK1776

Active Hunter
Hey Fetts,

I have a pair of Fett knee pieces that I've painted chrome. I then traced with a pencil where I wanted the chrome to show. I covered those areas with mustard and took a hair dryer to it to harden the mustard. I painted on 3 coats of yellow primer and 1 coat of the actual yellow paint. I plan to put 2 more coats of the yellow, then hit both knee pieces with a light misting of rust colored primer. After all those layers of paint, will I be able to get the mustard to come off without scraping it off? I was hoping to use a little rubbing alcohol on a cloth, but what does everyone else do? Thanks! :D

Jon Barrows, Jr.
TK-1776

Predatormv

Well-Known Hunter
To get the mustard off just take your fingernail and scratch it off. A chemical may affect the rest of the paint but I don't think it would take the mustard off.

Jodo Kast 2749

Active Hunter
If it gives you grief, scratch a few spots and then put the parts under running water. It should loosen up the rest of the mustard.

bobafett669

Active Hunter

TK-1776 wrote:

Hey Fetts,

I have a pair of Fett knee pieces that I've painted chrome. I then traced with a pencil where I wanted the chrome to show. I covered those areas with mustard and took a hair dryer to it to harden the mustard. I painted on 3 coats of yellow primer and 1 coat of the actual yellow paint. I plan to put 2 more coats of the yellow, then hit both knee pieces with a light misting of rust colored primer. After all those layers of paint, will I be able to get the mustard to come off without scraping it off? I was hoping to use a little rubbing alcohol on a cloth, but what does everyone else do? Thanks! :D

Jon Barrows, Jr.
TK-1776
What brand of mustard? :)