UPDATES WITH DVH/Darth Voorhees 2018

DVH, I only just now read your post. Im so very sorry your having to go through this. I know from experience how difficult emotionally and financially something like this can be. I went through this 2 years ago. Don't listen to anyone telling you, that you'll simply get over it. You don't! You never get over it..only used to it. Keep yourself as healthy as you can my friend. Best, Christian

Thanks Christian :)

I think i have replied to all of my PMs.

Im setting this week aside for packing up completed items and getting them out, and also finishing anything up that needs to go out like trimming the last of the helmet kits n such. If you did not pay shipping yet, i will need that, but i'll be in touch if that is the case.

Obviously this situation is going to require me to move, nd that requires $$... so i put up a thread for some painting services. It is less than i normally do, as i kept it to stuff that is less difficult for me to do to try and get some cash coming in again.

All of my molds were sold so im not making any more Fett stuff aside from the rubber chin cup. I had originally been toying with doing vac formd versions of the stuff, but i decided against it...for now anyways.

Been a bit since I've been on TDH, but I'm glad you are able to pull a few silver linings out of this otherwise terrible situation. I have half a mind to buy something just to have you paint it... :p

Best of luck to you. Hopefully you stay in the business for a while. I need to buy more stuff from you. You have been the #1 best seller I've bought from to date, and I've built 8 (soon to be 9) 501st approved costumes for me and my wife. So that's a LOT of stuff bought from a LOT of people.

OK folks got some stuff out this past Friday, and more was supposed to go out today, but the post office never showed....so take 2 is in the morning. I have the post office pick up most of my shipments because its a little ways away and saves time. Every now and then, this happenes. I think its a temp replacement guy that just doesnt want to carry all out crap to the truck lol. But, its never happened 2 days in a row, so im sure this stuff will go out in the morning.

Hey Lou. Are there any updates on shipping? I'm starting to think my helmet has become a victim of the usps. Any info at all would be much appreciated.

WhiteShadow and MMcFett.....sorry guys didnt see you posted here, and i believe i spoke with both of you already... but you guys should have your kits by now. :)

i will be in touch with the rest of you that i owe items to, to either update you on delivery times or set up a refund as i stopped the fiberglass work abruptly as i needed to sell everything right away.

the ESB JP and Gauntlet commission is still happening as well as the 3 ROTJ jetpacks for January..those were the last items i cast.

i also have a set of gauntlets for deathxcircle which im hoping to complete very soon, along with some painting commissions for a few of you that will all get done of course.

Also as if life couldnt get any worse... one of my cats got out of the house last week and we found him 2 days later directly across the street dead, probably hit by a car. I have has him 9 of his 17yrs. Needless to say i am pretty upset about it, that was not the way he should of went. R.I.P Diego :(

...and to make things worse, there is a good chance i have wet macular degeneration in my right eye. which makes my vision warped and wavy. This isnt good for multiple reasons...i need to get to a doc, but the chances are if thats what it is , it cannot be corrected, just stopped from getting worse. This can greatly affect pretty much everything i do..so i'll keep you all posted.

Horrible news on the cat and your health, I've worked with folks with macular degeneration for the last 12 years, that is something you NEED to see a doc asap about if at all possible. Loss of vision continues vs just getting wavy and I'd imagine you do not want it to get worse.

Thanks everyone..it really sucke to find him like that :(

Horrible news on the cat and your health, I've worked with folks with macular degeneration for the last 12 years, that is something you NEED to see a doc asap about if at all possible. Loss of vision continues vs just getting wavy and I'd imagine you do not want it to get worse.

Thanks man. Yea i am going to go ASAP... hopefully within the next 2 weeks! yea for sure. Its not super-bad so im hoping if its causght early enough it could be corrected. Thank heavens i recently got insurance!

and for some sort of ray fo sunshine, it appears after all of this, the wife and I are sorting things out. So at least i have SOME good news and working in the shop wont be weird. however i HAVE to take weekends off, so i can actully spend time with her. that was one of the big issues. So i hope you all understand that!

Awesome news Lou! You better take the weekends off! I'm glad to hear that. We totally understand. Your marriage has to come first. This has been an answer to prayer.
and for some sort of ray fo sunshine, it appears after all of this, the wife and I are sorting things out. So at least i have SOME good news and working in the shop wont be weird. however i HAVE to take weekends off, so i can actully spend time with her. that was one of the big issues. So i hope you all understand that!

So....I am going to the eye doc tomorrow to see what is up with my eye. From all the research i have done, all of my symptoms (warped vision, skewed depth perception, blurry vision, dark spot) point to early signs of wet macular degeneration. If it is in fact that, from what i understand, there is no cure for it, it can only be made to not get worse. There is a slight chance, if it is early enough, some vision can be restored, but im not sure if that only pertains to advanced cases of the disease (which causes a blind spot in your central vision). If this is the case, and what has already happened cannot be improved, i will no longer be painting and commissions will be shut down permanently.

For now i am keeping the commission thread open and may take commissions on a one by one basis depending on how this doc visit goes. I will however, no longer be painting helmets at all, as that has become very difficult due to the detail involved and i have a hard time focusing and am straining my left eye. The armor, jetpack, and gauntlets are less detailed in comparison to helmets so i can do those that are all ready here. They are still a bit challenging to do now, but way better than the helmet with such tiny details. Doing more in the future will depend on what can be done, if anything to correct at least some of these vision issues.

I have 2 helmets i need to do, i am going to try and do them as my last 2, but if it becomes too difficult, i will likely have to send them to another painter to get done.

At any rate, vac forming is going to be what DVH will become for the most part. I will likely not be doing any Fett realted items for the foreseeable future, except the rubber chin cups. As most of you know all of my molds have been sold (to Walts trooper factory). I had a set of vac forming molds for the gauntlets but have decided to sell those along as well, so i now dont have any molds for any Fett items. I do still have my masters so in the future i COULD possibly bring Fett back into the fold, but again, for the foreseeable future, Fett will no longer be in the cards.

Next year i should have a few SW items available though such as biker scout armor and helmets, Snowtrooper armor and helmets, Imperial Gunner helmets, Rebel fleet trooper helmets, X-wing helmets, TIE pilot armor and helmets and a few others, as well as some non-SW items.

I thank you all for your support over the years and hope to do business with some of you again if you plan to expand your costume library beyond Fett!

Had to postpone my eye doc apt until this coming Tuesday.. so no word on that yet, but i have been painting all morning trying to get the last things out the door and i have decided i will no longer take commissions for painting and the thread will be removed. Although i currently can do painting on armor jetpacks and gauntlets it is a bit of a strain on the eye.. so i think what i have left should be all i do.

From what i can remember off the top of my head

flightsuit weathering for Jaycepticon
gauntlets for deathxcircle
Armor and gauntlet paint for Robert M
Armor/gauntlets/ Jetpack for skalaa
ESB Gauntlets and JP for Gustavohm (for December)
3 ROTJ Jetpacks (for January)
BM armor, MOW Boots and soft part weathering (i forgot who this was for lol)
ROTJ gauntlets and shin tools for Mystical Fett
ESB helmets for Eric D, and Thaddius.
ESB Helmet kit with back panels painted for Evan R

i think thats it. Again this is off the top of my head.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back