U.S. customs fees for buying armor from BobaMaker?

BobaFettAZ

Hunter
I am ready to pull the trigger on buying a full set of armor and gauntlets from BobaMaker but am unsure about the customs side of things. I tried Googling and found mention of items purchased online with a value of less than $2,000 but couldn't find specifics about the fee costs even when the value is less than $2,000. Can someone from the states that has purchased from BobaMaker chime in and let me know what to expect? Thank you!

bobafettaz - Hello from the Seattle, WA area! I myself bought a full set of armor, helmet and Gauntlets from Boba Maker this year (2020) and have not paid any additional customs charges. If interested in seeing those items up close, please visit my WIP thread.

Regards,
-Iron

I am ready to pull the trigger on buying a full set of armor and gauntlets from BobaMaker but am unsure about the customs side of things. I tried Googling and found mention of items purchased online with a value of less than $2,000 but couldn't find specifics about the fee costs even when the value is less than $2,000. Can someone from the states that has purchased from BobaMaker chime in and let me know what to expect? Thank you!

I bought BM armor minus gaunts and a flight suit and vest. My order was itemized with exact costs, and I did not pay any import/ custom fees. I highly recommend BM if you decide to go that route. I was quoted a timetable and it was just about to the day. Excellent vendor.

bobafettaz - Hello from the Seattle, WA area! I myself bought a full set of armor, helmet and Gauntlets from Boba Maker this year (2020) and have not paid any additional customs charges. If interested in seeing those items up close, please visit my WIP thread.

Regards,
-Iron
I just read through your WIP thread and all I can say is...wow! Very impressive and I can only hope that my build will be a fraction as good.

Regards,
-Iron
You US guys dont know how good you ahve it when it comes to stuff like that... Me, being in Germany, I've got to multiply everything that I get from the states by 1.6 to roughly include shipping and customs...

but bobafettaz good on you! Happy for you that you might go the BM route!

bobafettaz - Thanks man! Which Fett are you gonna shoot for? ESB, ROTJ an SE variant?

-Iron
ESB. I have already commissioned the Jumpsuit, Neck Seal, Pouches, Vest, and Blanket from Crazy4BobaFett, paid for WastedFett boots, bought gloves from BrightFett here on TDH, a mohair girth belt from Amazon, and I'm starting with a BS helmet that I bought on Walmart.com. I'll eventually upgrade the helmet but figure it's something to start with. I debated going the budget route and looked at armor and soft parts on Etsy but after posting on THD and combing through TONS of threads, I have decided to do it right the first time. I'm already in just over $1k for the above listed items and will be jumping up quite a bit with the addition of the armor. I'll eventually create a WIP thread but need to wait for stuff to start coming in the mail.

You US guys dont know how good you ahve it when it comes to stuff like that... Me, being in Germany, I've got to multiply everything that I get from the states by 1.6 to roughly include shipping and customs...

Feel your pain from the U.K. Just been stung another £20 after 2 months... for my Electronics123 purchase.

Bobamaker stuff and shipping is spot on thankfully. You’ll love it OP

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back