"Types" of Mandalorian Helmets (and armor)

Crimson Phoenix

New Hunter
So this has been a subject that I have been trying to hunt down for years, honestly. My google-fu has come up short more times than I could count. Luckily with enough effort in the image search recently I found this:

I think to myself, "HOLY ****!! Finally I found it!" Right? Nah, though this is wonderfully labeled to the specifications I wanted, I'm still slapped with different types of Helmets I see near daily. That Deathwatch helmet though is.... I'm gonna call it version 3. The first (version 1) I saw was in SWG long ago, and the second version from SW Clone Wars.
Examples:
Pre Visla's helmet,
Shea Visla's,
also seen a Version 2 of the pilot,
Hondo Karr,
late crusaders,
deathwatch helmets 1, 2, 3
Sabine Wren (who has a moderately different version of the Owl Helmet. Let's just call it the Wren Helmet)
Ursa Wren (Sabine's mom)

But plenty of others like:
Assassin Helmet

this helmet 1
this helmet 2
this helmet 3 (I know its a custom drawn picture, but I've seen it elsewhere. This was the only picture I saved)
this helmet 4 (Just labeled "Modern Mando Helmet" on one site)
this helmet 5
this helmet 6

the list goes on, and on, and on. (I'm excluding the various manalore helmets).

Now, this is important and I cannot stress it enough, I know that many of those photos are custom helmets made by various costumers. Got that. However, many of these are people who are following strict approved guidelines on ManadlorianMercs. When I read the list posted here: A Guide to Helmets on the MandalorianMercs forum, I just sighed with defeat. Especially since no one on there has posted separate reference images for everything listed there. (I looked, for awhile).

So I turn to you all, The Dented Helmet Community, for help. In hopes anyone can shine light on this subject for me or if anyone can match any of those names with an image. I mean hell, if I already have that image and just have it labeled incorrectly, FANTASTIC. Saves me hours of hunting.

Honestly I would like to compile said list with reference photos, or a collage like the first image posted above for any and all who also are interested in this or who are also facing this problem.

Thank you, everyone for any help that they may be able to provide.

So this has been a subject that I have been trying to hunt down for years, honestly. My google-fu has come up short more times than I could count. Luckily with enough effort in the image search recently I found this:
View attachment 176593

I think to myself, "HOLY ****!! Finally I found it!" Right? Nah, though this is wonderfully labeled to the specifications I wanted, I'm still slapped with different types of Helmets I see near daily. That Deathwatch helmet though is.... I'm gonna call it version 3. The first (version 1) I saw was in SWG long ago, and the second version from SW Clone Wars.
Examples:
Pre Visla's helmet,
Shea Visla's,
Hondo Karr,
late crusaders,
Sabine Wren (who has a moderately different version of the Owl Helmet. Let's just call it the Wren Helmet)
Ursa Wren (Sabine's mom)

View attachment 176594 Assassin Helmet

View attachment 176595 this helmet 1
View attachment 176596 this helmet 2
View attachment 176597 this helmet 3 (I know its a custom drawn picture, but I've seen it elsewhere. This was the only picture I saved)
View attachment 176598View attachment 176599this helmet 4 (Just labeled "Modern Mando Helmet" on one site)
View attachment 176600this helmet 5
View attachment 176601this helmet 6

Now, this is important and I cannot stress it enough, I know that many of those photos are custom helmets made by various costumers. Got that. However, many of these are people who are following strict approved guidelines on ManadlorianMercs. When I read the list posted here: A Guide to Helmets on the MandalorianMercs forum, I just sighed with defeat. Especially since no one on there has posted separate reference images for everything listed there. (I looked, for awhile).

So I turn to you all, The Dented Helmet Community, for help. In hopes anyone can shine light on this subject for me or if anyone can match any of those names with an image. I mean hell, if I already have that image and just have it labeled incorrectly, FANTASTIC. Saves me hours of hunting.

Honestly I would like to compile said list with reference photos, or a collage like the first image posted above for any and all who also are interested in this or who are also facing this problem.

Your helmet #4 and helmet #6 are the same helmets, which are custom helmets and can be found here.

The Assassin helmet is a custom NME Props helmet.

Your #2 is a custom helmet that was once produced by Head Shot Props but now no longer being made link

Your helmet #1 is a custom scratch built "one-off" built by a MMCC using a paper pepakura template. He even has a build thread here

#3 looks like fan art
#5 is a wallpaper from SWTOR computer game. Maybe someone who plays that game can see if it exists in game or if it is just custom artwork for the wallpaper.

Hope this helps as I am not completely sure what you were asking.

What Kdog said pretty much, though I am also unsure as to the question. #3 is fan art and would not be an approve-able bucket but Mandalorian Merc standards. A certain amount of visor needs to be seen in order to be approved. That being said, the concept Fett bucket is with the breathing apparatus is fine due to it being associated with Boba Fett however if you wanted to use the Imperial Mando bucket I believe it can only be worn with the imperial Mando style armor and not mix and matched with out plate types.

Jay, I do not believe there is anyone on the Mercs forums that specifically sells Fenn Rau style Mando helmet kits but I have asked around. There is however a sales thread for Rebels style Mandalorian helmets that can be fitted with the 'blast shield', which is pretty simple to make on your own with some Sintra. You can find the thread below. I can update on a full pilot bucket kit once I find out more.

Also the #4 armor has apparently been approved by the MMCC and is called the Ramikadyc Armor set. You can also find it on the below link.

www.themandalorianarsenal.com

So I have a question are you looking for only canon/legends helmets, or every helmet? because most of the pictures you have posted are helmets made by/for members of the mercs or by companies that sell to the cosplay community as a whole. In the MMCC there are fairly open guidelines that define the characteristics of each era of helmet and so long as you fit within those rules then the possibilities are endless. For example I am currently building a custom helmet for a custom application to the club out of a home depot bucket and hard hat. the design is my own that I created.

View attachment 176593

Examples:
Pre Visla's helmet,
Shea Visla's,
Hondo Karr,
late crusaders,
Ursa Wren (Sabine's mom)

View attachment 176594 Assassin Helmet

View attachment 176595 this helmet 1
View attachment 176596 this helmet 2
View attachment 176597 this helmet 3 (I know its a custom drawn picture, but I've seen it elsewhere. This was the only picture I saved)
View attachment 176598View attachment 176599this helmet 4 (Just labeled "Modern Mando Helmet" on one site)
View attachment 176600this helmet 5
View attachment 176601this helmet 6

6 and 4 are the Ramikadyc variants. 6 is mark 1, 4 is mark 2. They are late Neo-Crusader to be specific. My original bucket was actually a Mark 2, which I think is considered the more definitive version.

#3 would not be approved.. as is. with very little modification however it should be able to be aproved.
Directly from the MMCCs CRLs

Helmet Visor Information:

• If the full length of the vertical part of the visor is not hidden, it must reach the bottom of the helmet. If equipment, such as a breathing apparatus or other items are installed which hide the bottom of the visor, then the visor is not required to reach the bottom of the helmet.
  • If a helmet has angled mandibles, such as “The Mandalorian” has, the visor only has to reach the angled part of the mandibles. Angled mandibles should not extend more than ¼” or 6mm past the visor.
  • Visor should sit flush on inside of helmet. Gaps should be kept to a minimum and should not exceed ¼” or 6mm.
  • Custom visor designs are allowed. However, at least 2/3 of the total vertical t-portion must be apparent.
so pretty easy to meet those on the #3 bucket if you really like that look

So I have a question are you looking for only canon/legends helmets, or every helmet? because most of the pictures you have posted are helmets made by/for members of the mercs or by companies that sell to the cosplay community as a whole. In the MMCC there are fairly open guidelines that define the characteristics of each era of helmet and so long as you fit within those rules then the possibilities are endless. For example I am currently building a custom helmet for a custom application to the club out of a home depot bucket and hard hat. the design is my own that I created.
Korizna will you send me a picture of your helmet? Did it get approval by MMCC?

This thread is more than 39 days old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back