T's ESB Boba Fett Build

You never stop improving and building. Here is my beacon light upgrade. I purchased the metal beacon from @Darkside and the pulsing beacon light set from Jc27. Both are quality kits. Just note that Darkside's light kit does not pulsate, it only has 1 steady light, where in JC27's has 3 settings (Steady, blink on/off, and pulse). He did a fantastic job. In order to get JC27's kit to sit properly, I needed to wrap electric tape around it to fill in the width of Darksides beacon. I then used E6000 to keep the tip of the beacon in place. Next, I used a 3/8 bit to drill the whole big enough to the get the attaching nut fastened.
6beacon.jpg

2beacon.jpg

IMG_5888.jpg

I connected the electrical wires from the light to the battery pack. I then used sticky velcro to attach to the back of the battery pack and mount to the inner center bottom of the jetpack. There you have it, a quick and simple upgrade to the beacon light.
IMG_5889.jpg

8beacon.jpg

1beacon.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So continuing on with my upgrades...
I had purchased Arkady's vest sometime ago, which had been hanging in my closet until today. I am finally have a bit more time to do the upgrades I want.
Time to swap the an unknown cotton vest, for the more accurate tackle twill.
IMG_5927.jpg

I simply removed the armor from my old vest and placed it on the new vest and positioned them where needed. I use a magnet/velcro combo for attaching them, so the magnets kept them in place for fitting.
But why a magnet/velcro combo? My reasoning is that with magnets, the armor still shifts and moves. Although strong, magnets do come loose if bumped to hard. Also, if you remove the armor from the vest for what ever reason, you will still have to reposition it in the right place which can be time consuming. The velcro acts like a guide for me and I can take it off and on and it slaps on the right place each time. It might be overkill, but I like the added security of using both in the event one fails.
IMG_5962.jpg

I then used washable marker to trace the armor to get an outline in order to place the velcro in the right spots.
IMG_5963.jpg

I pinned the velcro to wear I wanted them.
IMG_5970.jpg

The rest of the work is up to my tailor now. He is going to sew on the velcro, cut the slits for the jetpack harness straps/bar and front board wires. He also is tailoring it for a tighter snugger fit. A loose fit, just looks sloppy.
I should have it back next week and will post the outcome and weathering process

I received a couple things today to finish up my upgrades, vest and gloves, and just in time for WonderCon this weekend in Los Angeles

My Tailor did a great job adding the velcro for armor placement and sewing the holes for the jetpack harness rings, chest display and harness bar.
v4.jpg

v5.jpg

v3.jpg

I added the weathering with airbush and black wash only.
v2.jpg

Lastly, I placed all the armor and wookie braids on and done. May need to add a bit more weathering to
them, but I will see how they look in photos after Wonder Con.
v1.jpg

Awesome ESB Gloves from Mike M. Great quality and feel to them. Absolutely love the way
they look in person, the picture color is a bit off and does not show all the detail in them.
g1.jpg

g2.jpg

Hi TAguirre :)

Where did you bought the paints for the armor ? Is it cheap ? Can I find some in France ?
How did you made the weathered effect on the armor and clothes ?
And finally, in total, how much did your costume cost ?

Sorry for the many questions but I hesitate to start building my own armor ... it looks expensive... :/

Thank you for your answer I hope.

May the force be with you :)

Alex

Alex, the armor I have is FettPride. I bought in the Cargo Hold used. Currently, I am painting armor by redkraytdragon, I like it and so people seem happy with it on the boards.
Here is a link to his armor and prices:
http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f31/...ersion-2-3-now-available-41814/?highlight=red

You can expect to spend $3,000-$4,500 in total for quality kits, helmet, paint, material etc. I am not going to lie, it is a financial commitment that you should save up for. In addition, it can be a frustrating process if you are new to airbrushing and costuming, there were times I almost lost my mind doing things. But hopefully my build thread can help. But do your own research as well.

As for the weathering its done with airbrush using a wash mix of black paint and windex. It is applied little by little until I like the way it looks in daylight and in photos.

Best of luck

Hi TAguirre :)

Where did you bought the paints for the armor ? Is it cheap ? Can I find some in France ?
How did you made the weathered effect on the armor and clothes ?
And finally, in total, how much did your costume cost ?

Sorry for the many questions but I hesitate to start building my own armor ... it looks expensive... :/

Thank you for your answer I hope.

May the force be with you :)

Alex

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back