Boushh Total Noob - But starting a Boushh Helmet!

hamiltak

New Hunter
Hey all - So I am a total noobie at all of this - but I really wanted to build a Boushh costume. Not something that will get me into the Legion or anything like that, but something good. :)

Finding a helmet has been a pain. I found 3D plans on etsy and subsequently found someone to print it for me on etsy as well.

Screen Shot 2019-07-21 at 10.54.31 AM.png

It came in a lot of pieces! Ha, but I like puzzles and got it going.
Screen Shot 2019-07-21 at 10.56.22 AM.png

I filled in a lot of the gaps with milliput, and sanded it.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4dab.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4da8.jpg

1st coat of primer and sanding down... ran out of primer, so not fully covered, but good idea of how it will look.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4db1.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4db0.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4daf.jpg

I purchased some deerskin off etsy for the snout and stuff. Anyway, I just wanted to add these and get any feed back y'all may have. Thanks!

Started painting last night!!!
F1RfJCnSTviinho2TZBgXA.jpg

I think the brown is way too light, so I'll need to correct that, but overall I think we're getting there!!

Thanks for the reply & clarification. I had been looking at that other 3D file set, and reached out the seller to see if they had any photos of the actual printed pieces, and they said no. :confused: It has a lot of nice looking pieces, but without actually seeing them printed, it's hard to say how accurate they really are.

Anyway, keep up the great work on your build! It's looking really good, so far!

Well, I am definitely finding the parts of the helmet that aren't super accurate as I finish up with the painting... but seeing as this is my first attempt at any sort of build, I am okay with that. Plus I am really happy with how it came out, even if there are some blemishes.

I got some acrylic and installed the lenses. I also toned down that bright brown paint over the whole thing, and added the detail. I can't believe how much the detail adds to the piece! I was really afraid putting the black and grey on the helmet, I didn't want to mess it up, but it just adds so much. I guess because that is how its supposed to look. :)

5ruLaAoyTNeQYRYsieuQSQ.jpg

baryOw8iQyC2C9O3omMbkg.jpg

JMqpkRYeS6qFj0jFLZTJ6A.jpg

0XUOZoepQqehtGSXScrudA.jpg

1%GreaFlQHKVXt6oinaTjg.jpg

I ordered some deerskin from etsy, and it's beautiful, but it is not the right texture. I didn't realize there are different leather textures, and mine is suede-y. Its okay, Still used it and installed it on the snout.

I made stencils for the side emblems on my Cricut machine and just brushed them on (the majority of the helmet had been airbrushed)
RsaHuBF0R1yDxlS8s6uNqw.jpg
AaNRt4IuRJC3DeEfbcO4Qg.jpg

sinov7UERPWw5i5yhH02PA.jpg

here it is after weathering and installing the rest of the leather. I'm really happy with it. The 3D print itself is a bit small. I had installed some foam inside the helmet for comfort, but when all was said and done, I had to remove it because it wouldn't fit otherwise.

I can't wait to get started on the rest of the costume!!

LQaYsYpqRneHl+cVD4cnuw.jpg

L1fjdhNnSCqQh%v5IeeaTg.jpg

Ds8gXN3KSGSYrIzTk%H1OA.jpg

i77IsEkhR4WUGAnAvNiDtA.jpg

eyhi1FfKRGaVacZ3W1Vsfg.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back