Timate's scrach built Boba helmet.

Timate

New Hunter
Hi all.
Just wanted to post a pic of where I am up to with my first attempt at a scratch built helmet. But mostly a shout out to Wizarofflight for his awesome templates!! And also Antman for his thread and tutorial.
image.jpeg
My eyes hurt, I've got a numb finger from holding the craft knife and glue all over my pants. Can't wait to crack on to the ear pieces and RF tomoz! But really, thanks Allan for making your templates available to us.

Good start, I would brace the t visor section together to keep the width consistent during the build, maybe a little insert of card or something, just stops it warping when you use glues, cutting, filling etc... just going by my own experience with doing two of these (y)

you got the dome nice and even its a tricky thing to do, well done

Cheers Silver. There are a few gaps in the dome that will need filling. I'd planed an giving it a few coats with gesso and refining the shares then. Do u have a thread showing your build? I'd love to learn from others peoples mistakes and wins.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f23/antmans-second-cardboard-scratch-build-24821/

Take a look at AntMans example in the link above, it is a good once size fits all tutorial, lots of detail lots of questions answered..

Don't worry about any gaps just shave down any high spots and fill it in, I would really recommend fiberglass on the inside of the dome to.. it will totally change how the helmet feels with strength (y)

Oh and I used a fairly watered down wood glue to coat the outside, it really soaks in to the card and makes it stiff from within the fibers.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back