Well, with the lead from Ripcode, I went to wally world and picked up two GE lamp sockets (52877) for $2.76 a piece.
I ripped them out of the assembly:
I added a few drops of JB weld to fill in the top, after it cured, I sanded it to the shape I wanted.
Painted them up with red spray paint, then using dry brushing, put on the silver/chrome highlights.
I then cut them a little pass the ridges, and added "pins" to them.
Drilled two holes in the circuit board assembly, and used CA to hold them in place.
I made the holes angled to the prop angles - makes it easier to mount.
and this is what I came up with:
I think they came out pretty darn close to the real thing!
thanks for the help Ripcode - would of never thought to look at lamp assemblies for this.