Fenn Shysa The Realistic Mythos Fenn Shysa Build

Here is a shot of my kit I stumbled across on the internet from Indy PopCon 2017

street%20shot%20of%20the%20kit.jpg

Here are some updates on my take of my realistic Fenn Shysa inspired kit. Here is what it looks like as of Indiana Comic Con.

zYc3KLM.png

With the Fett man himself.
4dOnZwW.jpg

Met some Mandalorian royalty.
U6jUSuV.jpg

rlascxO.png

I haven't posted here in awhile unfortunately however, I recently had a photo shoot done so I figured I would share some of them here!

MkMKqXw.jpg

VSI8QIR.jpg

wpSE1BB.jpg

EpvBZCF.jpg

The pose that inspired it all - The Mythos Boba Fett pose
nNpUDbT.jpg

Also, I repainted the blasters on my gauntlet to closer mimic Fenn Shya's gauntlet blasters from the comics!
KtMXPQR.jpg

M2L0Qyo.jpg

Reference shots:
BwVcpz7.jpg

ghuHhOu.jpg

Chilling with Fett, Brandon (BH-51512 here on the forums) at Indy PopCon2019. Kit update with The Mando-leer

Attachments

• 20190608_164648.jpg
    20190608_164648.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 414
Last edited:
Could you post a before and after pic of it? Really digging this!

Thank you kindly! I think there is an earlier photo on the first page but the revamp is just the added blue tubes on the side. The comic book pack was all blue but I didn't like that paint scheme so I went with all green originally. However, I wanted to added a little bit more of the comic book look andnpaonted the side tubes green. Where is what the old school one looked like with my kit pre blue tubes.

This is so sick... probably the best non-Boba Fett mando I’ve seen done. Great mythos with homage to the comic!

Thank you very much! I am glad you like my interpretation of the comic book character Fenn Shysa. The coloring of him in the comic was just goofy so I wanted to give him a more realistic look like he had just stepped off the set side by side with Fett

Last edited:
Jetpack update! Added a small detail that reminded me of the Pre-Pro Fett jetpack and combined the purple aspect of the Old school Marvel comics purple jetpack rockets.
20191116_172818.jpg

Wow, thanks for showing me that thread! You did a good job. And the costume really came together. You did some awesome improvements over the years.
Question... how often do you get confused with Boba when you are out and about?

Wow, thanks for showing me that thread! You did a good job. And the costume really came together. You did some awesome improvements over the years.
Question... how often do you get confused with Boba when you are out and about?

Thanks Ram! Really appreciate the kind words. The comic book protectors color scheme wise just looked way to tacky to me - plus Boba Fett appeared in the movies with way different colored soft parts so I figured I would mix it up a bit but keep the general look of the armor the same. Where most of the comics showed yellow, I generally went for tan as that felt like a more real-world interpretation of the military-esk aspect that the Mandalorian Protectors were supposed to have.

As for how often I get confused for Boba when I am about and about.... it's literally all the time. Even other Star Wars costumers assume I am Boba at times lol

Thanks Ram! Really appreciate the kind words. The comic book protectors color scheme wise just looked way to tacky to me - plus Boba Fett appeared in the movies with way different colored soft parts so I figured I would mix it up a bit but keep the general look of the armor the same. Where most of the comics showed yellow, I generally went for tan as that felt like a more real-world interpretation of the military-esk aspect that the Mandalorian Protectors were supposed to have.

As for how often I get confused for Boba when I am about and about.... it's literally all the time. Even other Star Wars costumers assume I am Boba at times lol
thank you ! I think you did great with a realistic approach to Fenn.
Say... did you read the Republic Commando novels? Fenn has a tiny but interesting role there..

I am not surprised by your trooping experience :D
I myself get confused a lot. Even for clone trooper armor :)

thank you ! I think you did great with a realistic approach to Fenn.
Say... did you read the Republic Commando novels? Fenn has a tiny but interesting role there..

I am not surprised by your trooping experience :D
I myself get confused a lot. Even for clone trooper armor :)

Thank you kindly! I have indeed read some of the Republic Commando novels but man, it has been about 15 or so years since I read them maybe? Been a minute as the kids say these days haha but yeah! Fenn's role in the books is expanded upon following his 2 appearances in the old Marvel comics which was pretty fantastic... or should I say Fenn-tastic lol

And that isn't at all surprising haha For the masses "knowing" about Star Wars and Star Wars characters they don't always know a whole lot - generally anyone in a black outfit with a helmet now a days is either Kylo Ren or Darth Vader lol

Thank you kindly! I have indeed read some of the Republic Commando novels but man, it has been about 15 or so years since I read them maybe? Been a minute as the kids say these days haha but yeah! Fenn's role in the books is expanded upon following his 2 appearances in the old Marvel comics which was pretty fantastic... or should I say Fenn-tastic lol

And that isn't at all surprising haha For the masses "knowing" about Star Wars and Star Wars characters they don't always know a whole lot - generally anyone in a black outfit with a helmet now a days is either Kylo Ren or Darth Vader lol
I am really sad that all the old Mando history got eradicated by disney. But oh well... we do have "Legends" Star Wars. Thats not going anywhere. Its just not getting expanded on anymore.
As far as Fenn goes... thats a good example of how deep and rich the old lore was compared to the new one. THe picture that Karen Traviss painted of Mandalore and the clans....

And that is actually a great transition into the other part of our conversation. As I hope that the new Mandalorian series at least will "Fix" other Mandos being misidentified as Boba or Jango :D

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back