Fenn Shysa The Realistic Mythos Fenn Shysa Build

Mythos Fenn

Active Hunter
I have a thread for this over on the Mandalorian Mercs forum as well but since I am active here on the Dented Helmet and plan on purchasing some parts from users here to update my kit, I thought that I would share what I have so far. My thought process was that since Fenn Shysa is a Mandalorian Protector, that he should have an armor/kit color scheme that is similar to Boba Fett's. For this reason, I did not paint my kit identical to the comic book version of Fenn with the orange/yellow stripe on his helmet and the blue on the gauntlets as Fett also appears with similar colors but looks different in his OT appearances. This is also why I went away from the green flight suit and opted to go with a 'unique, tan instead of the light grey/blue ones Boba has in the OT. I wanted to make a more realistic/ 'screen accurate' version of Fenn that would blend in better within the true Star Wars universe which is why I chose the path that I have. I am also adding in some details of the Mythos Fett statue with the addition of a brown poncho and a gunslinger type western belt with saber trophies as Fenn generally does not carry a sidearm in the comics and instead uses mostly gauntlet mounted blasters to get the job done. I also made the side mounted rocket pack that Fenn and Tobi wear in certain scenes. Since these pictures were taken I have also dyed the girth belt red and I am currently still working on the jet pack harness system but free time is hard to come by currently.

If you also want to peruse my entire build process you can check it out here: Fenn Shysa WIP: Myhtos Shysa Update Pg. 6!

Here are some pictures of Fenn from the comics that I used as references:
FennShysa-MSW6801.jpg

FennShysa-MSW6806.jpg

Side Mounted Rocket pack reference photo (I also used the left gauntlet set up from this picture as a base for my own):
left%20gauntlet%203.jpg

Side Mounted Rocket pack:
20160731_155313.jpg

IMG9547561.jpg

Cape/Poncho trial run with an old curtain:
IMG_1611.jpg

IMG_1615.jpg

Last edited:
More weathering of the soft parts is certainly in the works! I am currently in the process of making the thigh pouches for the flight suit and wanted to make sure the soft part weathering was even all around once those got added.

I do not know how many people will see this but quick question. I have an NME props Mercenary helmet and I am looking to potentially upgrade my bucket with a hollow aluminum stalk, servo and lights for the range finder to give my kit that extra needed something.

Does anyone know if it is possible to remove the outside ear cap that encases the RF stalk and know if the Bobamaker hollow stalks fit? And/or point me in the best direction for said parts?
As far as I can tell from the forums Fettinator sells the servo and light kits and Terminal Fettler sells the RF toppers and stalks that fit Fettinator's electronics set up?

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a mercenary helmet way back in the day when they first started up. I really don't remember exactly how the ear was designed. Post a pic and the forum can probably help you out.

Good news! I figured it out. I took a small Philips head screw driver and a hammer to it and the ear cap cover popped off super easily. Now to await the arrival of the new goods while finishing up everything else.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like your unique take on this character. The colors work particularly well.

Thanks Nassik! It has been a slow process but fun to work on. I have been updating my gauntlet blasters to better fit the look from the comics and hope to have those finished this weekend.

Looks great! The details you added fit perfectly and really bring it to life.

Thanks Snappy! I really did not like the green on green from the comics. It looks tacky to me and since Boba appeared the same but looks different in the movies I figured changing it up a little from the comic look would be ok.

I really like your build. I think the only thing that bugs me is the boots weathering not color matching the rest of the costume, but that's just my graphic design/color theory OCD going off. Haha.

I really like your build. I think the only thing that bugs me is the boots weathering not color matching the rest of the costume, but that's just my graphic design/color theory OCD going off. Haha.

Thanks vode!! As for the boots weathering, do you mean the boots themselves not being weathered enough or the ankle spats? ha

Thanks vode!! As for the boots weathering, do you mean the boots themselves not being weathered enough or the ankle spats? ha

The weathering all around looks great to me. I was meaning the classic Boba boot color doesn't seem to fit the overall color scheme of the costume. It is sharply contrast and stands out. I'll do a little photo editing this afternoon and see if I can come up with something.

Thanks! I feel like the weathering is a never ending project ha and makes sense! I didn't alter the color at all as I was going with the impression that certain aspects of the Mandalorian Protectors kits would be standardized. However, I am looking forward to what you might come up with

I was tinkering around with one of your images this morning. Keep in mind, it's rough and it won't look as good as what you could achieve with paint and weathering, but I sampled a couple of colors from your cloak as well as your flight suit to give you an idea of where I was going in my previous post. You may find that keeping to the earthy tones of the overall colors of your costume makes the boots and gloves blend together with everything better.

Just my opinion though, I think your costume looks great all the same!

Fenn Color.jpg

I was tinkering around with one of your images this morning. Keep in mind, it's rough and it won't look as good as what you could achieve with paint and weathering, but I sampled a couple of colors from your cloak as well as your flight suit to give you an idea of where I was going in my previous post. You may find that keeping to the earthy tones of the overall colors of your costume makes the boots and gloves blend together with everything better.

Just my opinion though, I think your costume looks great all the same!

View attachment 158699

Thanks and I see what you are saying. If anything, I think I would change up the gloves to better fit with the color of the flightsuit/ other soft parts as Boba Fett's gloves are more fluid with the over all coloring. I have actually been debating on doing that but I think I will keep the boots the grey color for more of a standard issue uniform feel.

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back