The REAL PrePro 2 Helmet!!!

Cool pics!! The midddle and the one on the right looks like they are made of rubber or thin plastic as they look pretty warped. Thanks alot for sharing!

Also i wonder about the pic of the Fett helmet from the "best of the lucas archives book" It has a weird RF stalk
and it looks like it cannot be moved into another position. Was it a ESB stunt helmet?

BB:
I remember those photos of the girl that painted them. If i remember correctly they were the proof on what colors were used on the originals.

Cool pics!! The midddle and the one on the right looks like they are made of rubber or thin plastic as they look pretty warped. Thanks alot for sharing!

The one on the right, the Prepro 3 helmet is definitely fiberglass, but the middle one is some sort of stunt helmet, and who knows what that is made of!

Also i wonder about the pic of the Fett helmet from the "best of the lucas archives book" It has a weird RF stalk
and it looks like it cannot be moved into another position. Was it a ESB stunt helmet?

It is definitely the same kind of helmet (stunt) that we see in the "Best of the Lucas Archives" book, but I think that exact helmet is behind the one we see in those photos.

Sorry for bringing this old thread up....
Just need the pics here shortly...(y)

Besides this is one of the best threads on this board...so I'm sure you guys won't mind.;)

Holy cow, pure gold mine! Thanks Braks for sharing these, and everyone else.

Those ear pieces on the Pre-Pro look like metal?!? Any specualtion or am I late to the party on that?

I don't know why they would have an ESB stunt helmet in the first place. There was absolutely zero scenes in that movie that had Boba Fett doing anything that would resemble stunt work.

???? That's quite strange.

Yeah, I knew that. But then why would they paint up a stunt helmet in the ESB paintjob when they were working with the ROTJ helmet for the rest of the shots? They would have made a stunt helmet to more match the ROTJ helmet. It would seem the ESB stunt was a leftover from the ESB movie, but there were no stunt scenes involving Boba Fett in ESB. It just doesn't add up.

Yeah, I knew that. But then why would they paint up a stunt helmet in the ESB paintjob when they were working with the ROTJ helmet for the rest of the shots? They would have made a stunt helmet to more match the ROTJ helmet. It would seem the ESB stunt was a leftover from the ESB movie, but there were no stunt scenes involving Boba Fett in ESB. It just doesn't add up.
...just doesn't add up to me either??...:confused...

They made smoking thrusters for the jet pack, and a working flamethrower on the gauntlets. But none of these effects were used in ESB. That would've made one awesome deleted scene!

Again, I really don't know what the deal was there. I believe if LFL had it recorded that this helmet was stolen, they could come back at any time and repossess it. I don't know if the knew owner knows it is stolen or not. He probably doesn't want to know. In addition, I doubt he paid anywhere near $80k, that was just what the original seller was wanting to get through the Auction house.

I used to work in the auction business, and I deal with auction houses regularly for business.
It is general practice to turn down items that are of questionable origin, reported stolen, etc and NOT report them, because there isn't a law requiring auction houses to report stolen items, and most places wouldn't report it, because it would "ruin their image" of confidentiality.
However, that being said, if it was a big ticket item, like say a Monet painting, generally the directors would call a "friend" who had a friend in the police department, well, you get the idea.
Just wanted to keep everyone informed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Keep in mind that the rumor (and it IS a rumor... so take it as you will) was that Fett, even when he was paired down to a single character, had a much more significant and active role in ESB. As much as I would have liked to see more action, it might have destroyed his mystique and I am glad he was left obscurea nd shrouded in mystery. The assumption is that these helmets were indeed leftovers from ESB stunt scenes that never made it beyond the script... :(

Originally in ESB there was supposed to be a fight scene between Fett and IG-88 on Cloud City after Boba acquires the frozen Han Solo to take back to Jabba, but it was never filmed. There is mention of it in The Star Wars Chronicles. The ESB stunt helmets were probably built with that scene in mind.

Yhea, that would have been a great scene, but reguardless the story stuck, They just ended up tweeking it alittle. Instead of Fett and IG-88 fighting over Han after they freeze em, they end up racing to cloud city and have a fight before hand. You can see IG-88 Sleeping with the Scrap Metal in the Junk Pile by the metalmelter as Chewie is gathing up 3-PO. C

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back