The mandalorian helmet study/build thread

MinuteFett

Active Hunter
Hey everyone,

Trying to do a study of the helmet and the various parts about it.
I believe I own a 3d model that is very special and can shed some light on the screen used helmet, hopefully.
Heres something interesting I have found, the model, once printed, has a ridge between the area that is cut and the mandibles, which leads me to believe the visor is "snapped on" and not held by screws and such as seen in previous helmets.

Would anyone happen to have any interior pics of the helmet to help legitify this?

Heres some pictures to show what I mean.
Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 11.00.29 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 10.59.58 AM.png

Ill update the post with more pics of my helmet build as I go through the building process.

It could be that they made the lens easily removed and replaced, so in different lighting conditions during filming they could swap various degrees of tint, but that is just a theory :unsure:

Rob at RS propmasters installed a visor in a supertrooper helmet this way, the visor just fitted into the groove.

It could be that they made the lens easily removed and replaced, so in different lighting conditions during filming they could swap various degrees of tint, but that is just a theory :unsure:

That’s a very good thought and I think the best theory I’ve heard! That would be a lot easier than having to cast various helmets and install different tints in them.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back