The journey so far

theaveragezhou

New Hunter
The armor parts from MAULFETT came in today! The rest of the parts are 3D printed.

Soft parts will be coming in next Wednesday ish. Just finishing up sanding and then I will be resin coating the 3D printed parts.

I build model planes and armor stuff before getting into prop building. I figured all the weather techniques in scale model building will translate well into prop building.

Open to any suggestions and tips!

Attachments

• IMG_20200118_143340.jpg
    IMG_20200118_143340.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 327
Nice, I have the maulfett parts but have not yet started sanding them, and boy, they need a lot of sanding!

If you can link to each of your 3d printed pieces that you used and what you think of each one, that would be helpful for the rest of us.

Nice, I have the maulfett parts but have not yet started sanding them, and boy, they need a lot of sanding!

If you can link to each of your 3d printed pieces that you used and what you think of each one, that would be helpful for the rest of us.

The 3D armor parts are from Mtpapa121 on here. I had them printed by a 3rd party person on Reddit. The leg armor will probably be tricky to attach to the suit. It was printed in 4 separate pieces and I've been gluing them together and sanding off the excess. I will have to experiment with it and come back with some more details.

The helmet is from here. The seller actually has a resin cast version of this now and had that been available when I was ordering, I would've went with that. The print itself is perfect. You will need to sand stuff down. I have done so and I'm gonna resin coat that as well.

Since I'm a woman, the helmet is too big for my head. I ordered some helmet pads off of Amazon to help with the issue. They are here.

The rifle is from Here. It's fine. But fragile. I don't like using loctite's gel control super glue. I prefer Gorilla Glue brand. And I used a CA glue accelerant to speed up the process. I'm hoping after the resin coating everything will be more solid.

The blaster is from here. I got the kit with the blaster AND bullets and mines. The quality is incredible. The working trigger and hammer are very nice. I didn't have much trouble putting it together and the print is very solid.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back