The care and feeding of your Fett helmet

I do want to see that fit! :D
Here you go!
I have to slide it all the way to the front so the hatch can close but it fits.

20200708_091707.jpg

Here you go!
I have to slide it all the way to the front so the hatch can close but it fits.

View attachment 193718
Especially fond of the little Mytho on top!

Edit: Maybe that belongs in the "taking care and feeding your helmet"... taking it out for a spin every once in a while so it will not get too lonely. :D

(DONT wear your helmet while driving, folks! And dont have the rangefinder up, when you close your convertible top :D )

I've only carried a helmet on a plane one time, but I did carry it in a soft sided helmet bag. It was fine.
I kept in on the floor in front of me between my feet.

Maybe people who transport their costumes more often for trooping events can chime in.
Thanks. Did you have to remove the range finder?

Someone once did this video:

Wait, I just realized, that the helmet wasnt part of this, but I as a non-admin cannot delete it. The storage method still might be worth to look at.
DeathProof! That video is a classic. I still pack my kit tote this way. Haven’t seen him around here in a while. His WIP thread is also awesome. He had another video showing the steps he uses to get suited up.

Not a "care" tip per se, but a good preventative measure that I have used before to give a helmet more strenght especially in the mandible area:

glue or putty in a bent to shape metal band that connects the mandibles, far enough away from the visor to still allow for a quick change and obviously close enough so that you can still easily get it past your nose.

The mandibles only look spread on the picture. :D
View attachment 193611
Did you just use regular hot glue to reinforce the mandibles with the metal band?

I've only carried a helmet on a plane one time, but I did carry it in a soft sided helmet bag. It was fine.
I kept in on the floor in front of me between my feet.

Maybe people who transport their costumes more often for trooping events can chime in.

I've done the same usually held the helmet on the plane as well. I'm overly protective in TSA too. I also dissemble the range finder from my helmet with traveling as well.

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back