Tamiya paint colors for ESB armor?

jawafive

Active Hunter
I did some searching and didn't see anything. Is there a set of comparable tamiya colors for empire strikes back armor? I saw someone use the XF-70 for the main armor and liked it. I am really looking colors for the knees/shoulders and gauntlets.

I bought an airbrush recently and didn't know if it was worth the investment to paint with it vs buying the rattle cans I've used in the past. I look forward to any input!

-Matt

Not sure about the paints themselves BUT I will say having an airbrush is probably the best piece of equiptment you can have for these costumes. The paint selection for airbrushes alone have way more colors than any rattle cans ever will. They are easy to mix and dry super fast. It's worth the investment and time learning it. Plus destressing is super easy with one. (y)

I appreciate it! I was looking yesterday and found a thread with lots of good colors. I am still looking a color for the gauntlets if you have a suggestion.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back