Taking apart an original pulce 40

I’ve picked up a pulce 40 for £700 (yeah tell me about it)
i’m still in two minds as to what to do with it - keep as is or actually get it sprayed and use when trooping.....be interested to know what do with the barrel, was it just painted or was it chromed?

I’ve picked up a pulce 40 for £700 (yeah tell me about it)
i’m still in two minds as to what to do with it - keep as is or actually get it sprayed and use when trooping.....be interested to know what do with the barrel, was it just painted or was it chromed?

It took me almost 12 years to get a second Pulce 40 (Mostly due to being lazy). I was always unwilling to mod my original due to them being so rare, but now that I have two, I am willing to turn one into the Fett sidearm, so I certainly understand your apprehension. With regard to your question of whether or not to mod it, let's be honest, before this was discovered to be a Fett item, these spearguns were all but worthless, so... it's value it totally due to us... turning yours into the Fett sidearm is the only logical path for it... so GO FOR IT!

With regard to the barrel, the plastic end of the barrel/upper receiver was painted aluminum, more or less to match the barrel. The actual metal barrel of the speargun was slightly weathered with a black wash... and that was pretty much it.

Agree with Art here. I'm really all in with these found parts because I'd have no reason to have them if not for this project. Because I'm so slow there tends to be a reasonable expanse of time between my acquisition of something and actually doing anything with that allows me disassociate the item with the price attached to it to some degree. There's still some trepidation but far less because I'm not in a position of still feeling the pinch of a tight month after spending hundreds on some old bit of junk.

The tip and barrel of my Pulce are both aluminium. My incorrect Pulce had a clear plastic tip and the knurled section of the barrel was two rings rather than one.

Ha yeah good points guys, i’ll defo think i’ll do this now, after all its far lighter than lugging around my resin replica sidearm lol
As long as i do a get job i reckon it’ll keep a certain amount of value and as you guys say it was pretty much junk then and withtout the heritage it still is :)

Cut a piece of .125" thick ABS to the rough shape of the hole in the bottom of the pistol grip and then epoxied it in place. Next, I used a relatively think layer (about 1/2" thick) of KwikWood to putty in the remainder of the hole to just above the surface. Sanded it down, leaving the edges, just a bit uneven and bam... we are ready for paint!

technisub-pulce-40-mod-pistol-grip.jpg

Great progress Art.

Received another PULCE last saturday, making it five at that time. But I already sold one to a friend of mine, back to four now...still struggling which one I should modify ;)

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back