T-visor wear n tear

KrakFox

New Hunter
Morning. I'm brand new here and wanna contribute, but as I've not even started building my Fett yet, there's precious little I can get involved in.

However I may have spotted something...at least, I've not seen anyone mention this before: if you go here http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f23/boba-fett-esb-helmet-stencils-41899/ and view pic 11 where you can see the damage on the helmet, I noticed that the visor shows quite a bit of wear even in the small section you can see. Do people lightly sand their visors or scratch them on purpose, and is there a set way of doing it, as there is for the paint jobs etc. If not, then there could be a new avenue of realism for people to explore...

...if this has been covered already then apologies - least I tried!! :)

Personally my visor got damaged enough when I installed it (ha!), so I did not add any more. If realism and detail is what you want then go for it! If your eye catches those small details like that and you recreate them on your helmet, then you may end up with a gem of a showpiece when you finish! I'd say to experiment on a piece of similar material as the visor with different sandpapers, a dental pick, etc. until you get the look you want. Visors can get pricey if you keep messing them up. Good luck!

Personally my visor got damaged enough when I installed it (ha!)

Same! :D
I'd be careful with the visor. I went through two before I managed to get one installed (relatively) scratch free. If you're going for that form of extreme accuracy, you may find an extra scratch or two you don't want.

Same! :D
I'd be careful with the visor. I went through two before I managed to get one installed (relatively) scratch free. If you're going for that form of extreme accuracy, you may find an extra scratch or two you don't want.

True Dat :facepalm

Last edited by a moderator:
I see what you're saying so will cross that bridge when i get to it. Thinking, with a helmet that's been in the wars so much that the visor would def take a hit or two.

Also, one idea of mine has always been to do a Zombie Stormtrooper by getting a cheap costume and cutting out blast holes in the face and letting zombie make-up show through. Guess I could get another visor and crack part of it off to show through a zombie ravaged face staring back!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back