Stripping & Repainting the Black Series Rearmored Boba Helmet

BobaFettLV426

New Hunter
Hey all,

As the title says I want to strip the paint off of the Hasbro Black Series rearmored Boba Fett Helmet. Any advice on the best ways to do that? Paint stripper/remover products, sandpaper grit, ways to do it, etc. Any advice would be much appreciated. I haven't done something like this and I don't want to mess it up. I'm just really not liking the colors on it. Thank you everyone.

Attachments

• 20220612_155102.jpg
    20220612_155102.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 201
I'd recommend sanding the surface to prep for the paint and the texture method of your choice. I'd start with 220-320 grit, then finish off the sanding with 400+. You may want to remove the esb style details/ chipping they left on the cast as well, before you add the rough texture and "painted over chipping" that is visible on the real boba fresh helmet. Bondo or spot putty could be used to remove the esb details/chipping.

I'd recommend sanding the surface to prep for the paint and the texture method of your choice. I'd start with 220-320 grit, then finish off the sanding with 400+. You may want to remove the esb style details/ chipping they left on the cast as well, before you add the rough texture and "painted over chipping" that is visible on the real boba fresh helmet. Bondo or spot putty could be used to remove the esb details/chipping.
Would rough texture be like Sandable Primer?

I’d suggest finding a sideshow derived cast and start fresh.

Hasbro helmets hold their value pretty well if you keep them in good condition.

Hey all,

As the title says I want to strip the paint off of the Hasbro Black Series rearmored Boba Fett Helmet. Any advice on the best ways to do that? Paint stripper/remover products, sandpaper grit, ways to do it, etc. Any advice would be much appreciated. I haven't done something like this and I don't want to mess it up. I'm just really not liking the colors on it. Thank you everyone.
Just sand it down with 320 grit and primer it, I wouldn't try to strip it, chances are the plastic is that color and there is a chance of causing damage to it.

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back