Stormcrow 85's WIP: Boba Fett - ESB

Shameless bump of my thread, with nothing really to add. I am getting excited though. I should be starting again soon on my costume. I have been informed that my belt has not held up perfectly the past few months some of the glue gave up the ghost. I am going to be making a to do list, but seeing as the helmet is pretty much done I think I will move on to jetpack and knee pads next. Still keeping my eyes out for boots that I can convert.

Sent from my Nexus 5X
Hey Stormcrow. I did a bit of research on the boots and the ones I bought for conversion (which will need a bit of work I admit) are as follows. I hope it's something you can find locally.
Good luck mate
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Farah-Leat...311133&sr=8-1&keywords=farah+mens+ankle+boots

@Stormcrow85, how did all that paint peel from the year? Did you not use a primer, I have never seen paint peel like that. hopefully you can fix it.
It is fine. I used primer. It took off either one or two layers with the tape I put on it. I will mask if off and some time and fix it. That was the first part of the helmet I did, I am pretty sure I got impatient between some of the coats.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I am home. Looking at the costume. Below is a list of items I still need to make what do you guys think I should do next?
- jet pack
- shin tools
- boots (still haven't found a suitable super cheap shoe)
- knee pads
- left gauntlet rocket and flame thrower

I am in the middle of working on my house the wife wants new floors. After that I can start, also I can start acquiring parts. Let me know

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Alright almost ready to get off the couch and get back to work. I think the next step is the knee pads.
20170216_215002.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Well I started the Knee Armor yesterday. Here is what all I have done. Good to be working again.

1. Cut Out Wizard of Flight Templates
2. Stumble across RafalFett Templates
3. Cut out RafalFett Templates
4. Trace onto Sintra
5. Cut out Sintra
6. Glued Main portions to eachother
7. Shaped Knee Pads
8. Glued the bottom parts of the knee armor on
9. Fashioned 1 of the side blocks from wood (I broke it though)

Still Need to, also not exactly in order:
- Bondo cracks
- Sand
- Make Dart Blocks
- Paint
- Determine securing means (like Snaps/Velcro)
- Attach the Darts

Some Notes: I don't like the additional pieces at the bottom of the armor, they don't seem to fit very well, probably because I moved to a thicker sintra. Sad note I ran out of my original batch of sintra that I got for free scraps when I first started this project over a year and a half ago.

Some Pictures: Sorry I pulled these from my Timelapse so they aren't really great detail pictures.
G0190432.jpg

G0190715.jpg

G0019663.jpg

G0020479.jpg

G0060233.jpg

G0080218.jpg

G0080296.jpg

Wow photobucket really screwed me over. They want like 300 bucks a year. That is crazy, I had all my photos on there that I shared here it looks like. Ugh. I started work on the knees again yesterday I got the dart mount stuff done just need to get it glued together, bondo the edges smooth, and then paint easy peasy.

Wow photobucket really screwed me over. They want like 300 bucks a year. That is crazy, I had all my photos on there that I shared here it looks like. Ugh. I started work on the knees again yesterday I got the dart mount stuff done just need to get it glued together, bondo the edges smooth, and then paint easy peasy.
Do what most of us have now done and switch to imgur. Free, awsome, useful! Photobucket has now screwed hundreds of us over. Don't feel alone and keep on pushing this costume!

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560

I haven't even finished the knee pads I was about to work on my son's Halloween costume and I was working on a quick thing for me (it failed miserably) but I decided that I would try on my costume. It is the first time I have tried it on since I got the helmet finished (over a year ago). Needless to say this thing looks awesome (not like perfect) but man I need to get out in this thing and show it off.

xOk2Swe.jpg

l1ArMPn.jpg

FjIyOBP.jpg

qvMvnjm.jpg

uvMazKd.jpg

eFpcdTh.jpg

KlwnyTb.jpg

hp3r6z9.jpg

l1ArMPn.jpg

xOk2Swe.jpg

hA0T9wE.jpg

6Bn1lA4.jpg

eFpcdTh.jpg

hp3r6z9.jpg

qvMvnjm.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back