Source for Jango Braided Belt FOUND

My leather belts and holsters should be done Wednesday. I'll try to have pics up by this weekend. I actually am so close I want to wait until it's all done to unveil my year-and-then-some long effort costume.

Besides that, I have yet to see it all together at one time on me. Right now there are pieces everywhere.

obi sean kenobi said:
Guys!! Where are all the pics? Everyone is ordering these braids and no one is posting pics of their belts! Get to work boys (and girls). OSK

Roger that sir.

Here are a couple of my WIP pics. Those are slotted brass plates. I am currently just winding the whole thing back and forth and tying it off at each turn. I was going to cut the strands individually but I didn't want to deal with it unravelling. I know I could dip the ends in something but I'm going to be lazy and try this first. I will sew all the ends and run some heavy brown nylon thread through all of the strands every 6 inches or so to keep it together. If all goes well I won't need to add the heavy leather backing to it.

I already bought a cow shoulder that was just long enough and about 6.5" wide throughout just in case I have to go that route.

I'll post when it's done, and we'll see what I end up doin by then.

Wish me luck.

braided1.JPG

braided2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my finished belt. I ran nylon thread through the entire braid every 3 inches. This keeps them all together without the need for a leather backing. For weathering, I will run over the whole thing with some heavy grit sandpaper as soon as I get some.

Braided3s.jpg

Braided4s.JPG

Nice job, bud! Boy I bet that mjtrim website wondered what all the hub-bub was about with a surge of orders for that style of braid. LOL. I'll post some pics of my belts tomorrow. Got a ton of stuff to do to get ready for CIII. Ugh...

:confused I don't know if I missed it in some thread, but can anybody tell me how many breads the original Jango belt has? It's hard to count, because in all pics I have there's always the belt, the pouches or something covering it partially, so I can't be sure.

By the way, is it still possible to get that Jango Referance CD somewhere? I really could need some accurate material from head to toe. I read a couple of times about it and noticed the offered Boba and Trooper CDs on TDH, but no Jango. :cry

Wasp, I can make a copy for you. I can't remember who I originally got mine from, but you can send me a self addressed stamped envelope I can get you one. Include a blank CDR or RW. I'll pm you with my address.

I'll be taking pictures of my belt this weekend to share. Sorry taking so long obi_sean_kenobi.

Damn!! $127.00 for a 25 yard roll????!! Is this what everyone has been paying?

I guess I waited too long to order it huh? ;)

Obviously I am taking my time with this costume :)

MonCal said:
Damn!! $127.00 for a 25 yard roll????!! Is this what everyone has been paying?

I guess I waited too long to order it huh? ;)

Obviously I am taking my time with this costume :)

I don't recall it being that much when I checked it out. I never ordered any either. I don't think I wil either. :facepalm

I think the red brown is what I used. I believe mine has twenty one rows but I was looking more at the belt being between 5 and 5 1/2 inches wide. I gotta get my costume out of the bin and on a mannequin!

Here's my finished belt. I ran nylon thread through the entire braid every 3 inches. This keeps them all together without the need for a leather backing. For weathering, I will run over the whole thing with some heavy grit sandpaper as soon as I get some.

i know this threed is old but can you share with us where you got the slotted brass plate???

thanks

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back