General Short Boba Fett build for Halloween

Friend asked how I made it, answered this this:
OToOa9Gh.jpg

I'll be frank, she lost. She lost to a game of thrones mask and pool floatie for the laughs...that and most of her coworkers had no idea who boba fett was. Next year? Going to do a stupid easy, cheap but really funny costume. Her company employs someone that worked on the costumes from the Harry Potter movies to help with costuming design in games, vouched for my sister but sadly most everyone thought my sister's costume was bought at a high end costuming shop and the game of thrones mask, they thought, was home made (the same $50 one sold everywhere). I almost take the loss personal...the winner in the photo. It did get a lot of laughs though.
mTm3gMQl.jpg

yep, been hearing the same around from a few other mandos and fetts locally. Well funny won last year and won again this year so at least I know the theme now.

I entered my scratchbuilt Boba to con competition once. Ended up not even placing and the winner ended up being a scantily clad Captain America pin-up girl. It always ends up being a popularity contest rather than anything skill related. The only costume contest I've ever won was when I rushed a Chief Hopper costume for a Stranger Things club night event.

But she looks amazing. I especially like the grime you added to the helmet and it even holds up against the dreaded flash photos.

Thanks, yes that was the concern. We did a few photos before to test it out and the helmet just came out too bright...especially compared to the overall suit. My sister did love the suit so much that we will continue working on it, stitch up a correct color flight suit, add the pouches, etc.

A few folks here have known that I am the current owner of the FP Fem Fett molds with the 3/4 size jetpack and have owned them for a few years now without doing much with them. Goal was to make a costume for my wife but sadly life got in the way and that got pushed back after a few moves. Finally, I got a good reason to yank the molds out and start producing something as well as changing and replacing a few things. I ended up getting these after someone picked them up for a Fem Fett build themselves and it not working out. Goal is to make a small Fett build for my sister who is 5 foot 1" in 2.5 weeks and an employee at a major video game company with a really large costume contest and prize. Started to pull some plastic and began converting one of the chest plates to a more "standard" Boba Fett chest plate for vacuum forming.

View attachment 156297
View attachment 156298
View attachment 156299

While working on the chest pieces, I continued working on the ready plastic pieces. Sanding, trimming, and priming.
View attachment 156300

A lot of foam, wood filler, bondo, styrene and cardboard and I started to get the new chest plates looking like how I wanted them.
View attachment 156301
View attachment 156302

Plaster and rubber and now I have my new vac form chest plate molds. Success on the first try, pulled in .125" HIPS, trimmed and sanded in the photo
View attachment 156303
View attachment 156304
Omg I see breast plates! I need those! How much would you charge for a pair?

Same thing happened to me shenphong lost to a store bought costume. It was rather disappointing. But anyways your sister looks great! Awesome job!

It's annoying.
This past Halloween I signed up at the sith forums to get tips and advice, and ended up making my 4 year old daughter a suit of pink darth vader armor, and made 2 year old's "push car" into the millenium falcon (my avatar), and dressed him up like a little Han Solo with glasses.

There was a big community Halloween festival with a costume contest so we entered the kids. EVERYONE was ooo'ing and aaaaa'ing over little pink vader and baby han the entire morning we were pushing them around. Then when it was time for the costume contest I took them up, pushed the little guy out in the falcon, and I even had a bluetooth speaker under the falcon that was playing the Episode 4 soundtrack from an ipod all day. He'd be rolling around in the falcon with the SW theme playing.. everyone loved it.

Little girl pink darth vader, with a working freakin chest box and pink lightsaber, and baby han solo in a mobile millenium falcon with the soundtrack playing... placed in 3rd place. 1st place went to some kid in a store bought witch costume, 2nd place went to a little kid dressed up in a party city "beast" costume from beauty and the beast.

I'm just standing there like "what the frack!?!??!?!?"
kidsdentedhelmet.jpg

That chit lost to 2 party city costumes. :mad:

that is an amazing build, was that converted from the action figure? Great gathering right there...the sad thing is most folks at her VIDEO GAME company did not realize who Boba Fett was. How do you work at a video game company and not know boba fett. Cool costume either way, it was a fun less than a month build and got me into sculpting so I'd count it as a win win in the end but just disappointing for that short moment.

Yeah. Bought a 48" tall darth vader "battle buddy" from toys r us, chopped it up, painted the parts pink, and then made her a little cape and the under coat. The lightsaber was from a youtube tutorial with a flashlight and pvc pipe.

One of the guys over at the sith forums made her the chest box.

-edit-
When they DID announce her and her brother as the 3rd place winners... they said over the PA system.... "And in 3rd place... Pink Stormtrooper and Spaceship man"

I was like... WHAT THE!!!!!!! Pink Stormtrooper!?!?!?!? Spaceship Man!??!?!

Last edited:
sweet jeezes lol but great work on the builds. I've yet to see anyone make use of the 48" vader and you knocked it out of the park. I made a stormtrooper ep7 build for my nephew out of the figure but he hated wearing it.

Thanks Shen.
I swear... I used to think that I was handy and had a knack for messing around with this kind of stuff for fun.... then I joined the dented helmet forums. lol
Now I feel like a little league ballplayer that thought he was ready for college ball lmao.
The way that you guys all fabricate your builds, heck, even your paint jobs is like watching a master-class.

What sucked the most about her costume though is that I ended up hiring a guy on etsy to custom make a pink quilted vader shirt and pants, so that she'd have that striped undersuit look that vader has. I didn't know that there was a difference between "quilted" and "pleated". So I asked the guy to make her the pink quilted shirt and pants. They got here, and were practically heavy winter wear it was so heavy, because I said "quilted" without knowing any better. Spend $150 on it, and she ended up just wearing thin pink pajamas because it was around 95 degrees here during Halloween weekend. :(

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back