Shopping for a new helmet

Farva

Active Hunter
Ok so lets see here what do we have for options?
FP
MS
JD
MSH1
MSH2
Rubies 2 piece
Rubies/don post rubber crap
Don Post 95/dlx
a crap load of ebay recasts.

OK so here I am being a rather larg Jango person myself what are the different sizes of the helmets? Who offers the biggest helmet and does anyone have possible dimensions? I am currently using a Rubies 2 piece and this weekend I tried on what was supposed to be MSH1. I can say whatever I tried on this weekend was definately smaller than my 2 piece. So small that I could not get it on my head at all. Please help me out as best as you can!

-Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a BKBT and I think it's a tad big for my size, allthough the extra room in the interior is nice for circulation. I think if you want to go any bigger than that you'll have to look for a Boba and modify it into a Jango. There are some old threads around here with comparison pics. Let me see if I can find any.

Cruzer

edit: in this pic you can kinda see the difference between a JD Jango (center) and my BKBT Jango (right).

DSC05268.JPG

My BKBT is about as big as they get. Here are the measurments, all inside measurements. wide: 9 3/16" front to back inside 9 3/4" I have the dented version and a huge head 7 3/4". looks good and fits well. My nose just barely touches the visor.

Yeah, I totally agree with Jango Newbie....his head is big!:lol: LMAO!

Cruzer

Hey Cruzer, could you PM me the price on that JD? If I ever do another custom varient in the future, I'd like to start off with a good fiberglass bucket, and I really wouldn't need a very big one since my head seems rather small. :lol:

Hmmm that BKBT seems about the same size as my Rubies 2 piece. Its about 9x9. It fits me fairly well but there is no room for fans or electronics. I have also had a few people tell me that I should go with a larger bucket. Here is a pic.
http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g58/girlstrat/?action=view&current=100_1983.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch8

I have said before that I considered using the rubies as an inner mold for a custom fiberglassed bucket. I was thinking of removing the visor and wrapping it in saran wrap and glassing over that. Once that was accomplished add some resin to get the necessary details.
I have also thought about building a WoF helmet at 110%.

Tell me what you guys think!

-Chris

I've nevr seen a 2 piece in person. This is a comp shop of what used to be a plastic rotocast DP Boba I converted. Helemt on left is my BKBT. Helmet on right is the converted DP Boba. Although the DP fits a little tighter, it didn't look right, it looked small on my 6-00" 225 lbs. frame. I tried on Cruzer's and I was sold! MY opinion, if your big enough to wear the MOW gauntlets, I'd get the bigger helmet. I actually have some room for fans if I wanted and I have a big bald head. (7 3/4") Also that front measurement was from the inside of the visor to the back. Add another 1/8 for the thickness of the visor before you get to the helmet.
P1011002.jpg

YEAH YEAH I was tired when I made the post and tried editing t but I can't..........Thanks guys these comparison photos are really helping me now if only someone else had a converted 2 piece.

-Chris

"two piece"

Just the name alone makes me want to shake my head "NO". But I really have never seen one up close so who knows, maybe I'm not giving it enough credit. Heck, I sported a Rubies Jango for probably about a little over a year before going JD, and then BKBT. Your's actually looks pretty good in that frontal shot.

Cruzer

Here's another pic comparing my DP deluxe, JD Jango, and BKBT Jango. The DP and JD appear to be basically the same size.

And then here are two links to older threads that have some comparison photos of various Boba buckets, that may be helpful if you're considering a conversion:
http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=3639&highlight=deluxe

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=3922&highlight=deluxe+comparison

And I think you were asking for input on how the scale of your 2-piece looks on you? If so, I would say it looks too small. Looking at your build, I'd have to agree with Jango Newbie that a BKBT would look best on you.

Cruzer

DSC05294.JPG

I wanna buy a MSH1, MSH2 or a BM
I think they are the best looking helmets out there.
Anyone have one painted and ready for sale?
Jango or Boba.

Well it looks like I am going to want a MSH2, BKBT or a FP coldcast. They all seem to be in the same size range. Thanks for the links Lorenzo I tried a few different searches and came up empty handed.

-Chris

If anyone is still needing pics of the Jango 2 piece, I'll be able to post plenty of pics with comparison shots to the SF Mystery helmet. I've already paid for both, I'm just waiting for them to arrive... The MH is about 3 weeks out, but the 2 piece should be here next week. Just let me know if there are any specific shots that you'd want (seams, interior, etc.)

-Shawn

Interior! For the exterior some side by side frant and back, face to face, back to back and lastly top view shots of them side by side! If you could provide those I would greatly appreciate it!!!!!!!

-Chris

I've got a BKBT and I think it's a tad big for my size, allthough the extra room in the interior is nice for circulation. I think if you want to go any bigger than that you'll have to look for a Boba and modify it into a Jango. There are some old threads around here with comparison pics. Let me see if I can find any.
attachment.php

Mine seems like only 10% bigger then my boba DP97....does not seem as big as urs...iw onder why...

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back