Shoes, glorious shoes - A question

Bubba Fett

Active Hunter
Looking to make some boots for my sons fett costume. I looked around on the board but most of the references for base shoes were a few years old. Has anyone who has made BF boots for younger or small fetts found a decent base? :confused Most of the canvas shoes I have found online to serve as a base were lace up, which seems like a much harder way to go.
Thanks!

Bubba Fett

Active Hunter
Yeah, they look like an almost perfect start, but at $75 bucks it is a bit pricey for the base boot. I will probably hit WalMart or Target and see what they have, then go with TK409's approach (like you said). Just thought maybe someone had come across a cheap basketball shoe of something that made a good base. What is the the one that everyone keeps saying they get at Walmart, and do they make that in a really small size? He's only nine, but already in a small men's shoe...

Bubba Fett

Active Hunter
Thanks Ronin, your thread (and TK409's) was the inspiration for me to scratch build some. I couldn't believe how good they turned out! Is it easy to get in and out of them without the laces? Do they still stay on ok?

Ronin677

Well-Known Hunter
Thanks Ronin, your thread (and TK409's) was the inspiration for me to scratch build some. I couldn't believe how good they turned out! Is it easy to get in and out of them without the laces? Do they still stay on ok?

i have altered them again since the phots to allow for exactly what you are asking. I have slit the boots straight done the back (from the top of the rear quarters to the bootom of the quarters, just above the heel). I then brought the coverings inside the boots to cover up where i cut. Then i have attached a velco seam to cover the slit. Hope this makes sense.

the velco seam is not really noticable from the back (heavily weathered :lol: )and the boots go on and off like a dream :)

I will try to get phots of what i mean.