SERVO

I have the JC premium servo. I wanted to see if anyone has a link to help with installation. My eyes are glazing over looking at all this.

Thanks in advance

Thanks for posting the link, it makes it easier to find.

Thanks guys, so once the servo will be sitting in place it will obstruct this screw than holds the earpiece in. Did anyone figure out a way to overcome this?

902FBB73-B09D-4DEB-8BBC-84C35DD790E0_zpsnzuyjbt6.jpg

Sent from a galaxy far far away

I didn't have a screw there on mine. But You might be able to put the servo sideways (horizontal instead of vertical)and just adjust the shaft attachment so it is in the correct position. I guess it depends in the inside of the helmet. Is it resin or fiberglass?

If I do that it will further block the area for the wire to move. I believe I'll have to think of another way.

Love your helmet BTW

Take the screws out and epoxy the top ear cap. It will get rid of the screws and save space inside the helmet. Use rare earth magnets to attach the ear cap. :)

That is pretty nifty! Ive never had issues with that screw getting in the way as my helmets had a shorter screw there that just threaded into the helmet and didnt really stick out on the inside. I just hot glued my servo into place and never had an issue and it was still able to be removed if i pulled on it enough lol.

BUT this....i like this idea. I may try it out once i get a new servo kit :)

I can't glue things permanent. I guess my wife is right I have a problem with commitments. We were together for 15 years before we got married lol.

I like the idea of assembly and not just squashing a bunch of glue. I like being able to un assemble easily should something go wrong or a better product come about. I worked for hours using ABS and made a pretty good mount like in JCs instructions but just wasn't digging it. This was best for me. There's multiple ways of mounting, I figured I would share the one I went with.

Zumba?? Lol

Yes mine is still holding tight and working perfectly with many troops behind me. Since doing this I have gotten pretty good with my 3D printer and if it ever does give me a problem I plan on designing something in CAD and mounting it. If that day ever comes I'll make a post but this has not failed me yet.

FD43A3A2-88B6-437B-B9CD-F2B9C2B8B1F8_zpsdmqhgtpb.mp4 Video by RandySpecht | Photobucket

I would also add that when you put the Chicago screw use a belt sander and flatten the back so you get a lot of surface contact or buy the flat backing ones at first. I just got brass ones and flattened them. Some are rounded on the back and won't give much surface stickage.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back