SE Boba Fett (shopping in progress)

JudgeMinty

Hunter
Yep, this will hopefully be simply a case of me buying this costume bit by bit.

With so many superb experts making items, I thought I would simply buy myself a good costume (for once).

So far I have a helmet and armour fully finished from RS Prop Masters, a vest from clothears, some CA Boots and a blaster on order from Sidewinder.

I'm hoping to get nearly everything from RS and Clothears, especially after seeing Clothears new Fett flight suit.

Although I won't have the sense of achievement of making anything on this costume, I will have the sense of achievement in working the many hours to pay for it :D

7651808830_fca4ea1123_o.jpg

7091630327_533eda0b53_z.jpg

I'll add new things as I get them.

Attachments

• 7651808830_fca4ea1123_o.jpg
    7651808830_fca4ea1123_o.jpg
    366.2 KB · Views: 663
  • 7091630327_533eda0b53_z.jpg
    7091630327_533eda0b53_z.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 313
Extra cash certainly makes it easier. Quick question tho....your boots look like suede leather from the photo, does caboots no longer sell the canvas version of these boots? Im not an expert by any meaning of the word, I was just under the impression that they were supposed to be canvas. I am in the process of building a boba fett as well and was going to be ordering a pair soon.

Seems that you are on a roll there! In the end, it matters little if you have bought everything piece by piece, the look on the face of kids and adults alike are worth it.

Extra cash certainly makes it easier. Quick question tho....your boots look like suede leather from the photo, does caboots no longer sell the canvas version of these boots? Im not an expert by any meaning of the word, I was just under the impression that they were supposed to be canvas. I am in the process of building a boba fett as well and was going to be ordering a pair soon.

It looks that way. I ordered the canvas boots, but suede ones were delivered. I know that canvas is more accurate, but I think their suede ones look closer.

I've put together a few costumes in the past from kits and found parts, but with the level of detail on Boba Fett I'd wanted to try and take advantage of the amount of time and effort the experts have put in. Otherwise I could imagine myself making some very costly mistakes. I'd probably waste a lot of money in replacing and upgrading later anyway, so I thought I'd wait and buy the best bits I could afford, when I can afford them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man of War boots are currently the closest produced at the moment theres a member working on boots I think that look very promising. I modded my MOW boots a bit by grinding down the soles flat...so they arent ribbed

They are good looking boots dont get me wrong...If your intention was to ever go for a 501st approval tho they would have to be canvas...just in case you were, below is the 501st requirement.

Boots
For 501st approval:

Canvas / fabric boots with black piping running in 2 lines from toe to ankle.
Elastic sides
White, flat soles.
2 spikes attached at the toe via a toe plate. Spikes and plates are metal, or should appear to be metal.
Boots must be heavily weathered as shown in reference images.

Fett 4 real: if Man of Wars are more accurate then ill be shopping some more of his stuff and leaving CAboots be. I looked up the boot on CAboots website last night and they advertise canvas but ive seen on more then a couple of occasions people ordering these from them expecting canvas and getting suede leather. In JudgeMinty's case its not a huge deal as he likes the suede better just seemed like a tad bit of false advertising, not mention a waste of time since anyone looking for the canvas and getting suede would have to return them and go thru all the red tape to get a canvas version. has this been a problem for anyone else?

I have to agree, the MOW boot is top notch, cant go wrong with them (and I just had my SE Fett approved as well) I suggest you get your hands on some ASAP! Happy hunting.

DSC01664.JPG

I made a bit of progress a while ago.

I bought a temporary suit and tried it on. I've dyed and weathered it since this photo. I've also ordered a new ammo belt.
8091386475_c2157f3b6f.jpg

Dyed and weathered the suit in this photo. It's not me in it as I asked a friend to try it on a unofficial troop. I've bought a painted some cheap gauntlets to fill in until I get some better ones.
8696234005_b4067c40bd_c.jpg

Jet Pack, ammo belt and harness enroute. I will also be upgrading the flight suit (already ordered) and the gauntlets.

Attachments

• 8091386475_c2157f3b6f.jpg
    8091386475_c2157f3b6f.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 336
  • 8696234005_b4067c40bd_c.jpg
    8696234005_b4067c40bd_c.jpg
    353.7 KB · Views: 365
First proper try on. I couldn't do anything about the dressing issues (off centre belt etc.), as I could hardly move. Snug is not the word.

9409145259_76d9583a0b_o.jpg

Attachments

• 9409145259_76d9583a0b_o.jpg
    9409145259_76d9583a0b_o.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 325
Hey Judge Minty, looks great!

I'm the same boat, I have done TK armour and was constantly reviewing and replacing parts, upgrading helmets etc, so I want to buy the best I can within reason! I have done some assembly and paint work (although nothing like the artists here) so I will be doing a bit of the work myself, but all the main parts helmet, armour etc will be bought ready to go.
So far I have nothing to show but have have a order for some of the main parts from Bobamaker.
All the best :)

Cheers!

Yep, it's slow going. Boba is a whole new ball game regards detail etc.

It's cool when the finished stuff arrives, and the truth is that some members here have been doing the research and refining the techniques and details for years. I'd rather pay for their expertise. For instance I had to do the Gauntlets myself, I learn't a lot, but they are definitely a weak link in the costume.

Even in this unfinished state, I stood in front of the mirror and said "F**K YEAH, I'M BOBA FETT!!!"

Had my first troop as Boba over the weekend at 'Thought Bubble' a comic convention in Leeds, United Kingdom.

I managed to identify a couple of dressing issues. Flak vest armour needs a little adjustment to avoid it riding up a little and choking me when the jetpack is on. I need to get my helmet sitting a little higher as well. But apart from that, it was an amazing experience.

There's so much love for the Fett. You can hear people shouting "Look it's Boba Fett!" not "look some guy dressed as Boba Fett". It's feels like a real privilege to wear the costume.

11023984846_5c353efaab_c.jpg

1457758_483791961736823_1716036389_n.jpg

Attachments

• 11023984846_5c353efaab_c.jpg
    11023984846_5c353efaab_c.jpg
    311.5 KB · Views: 320
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back