Flight Suit Running Fett.. progress so far.

runFettBoyRun

Jr Hunter
Hi all,

Here is my build so far... not sure why image is rotated (sorry).

DSC04714.jpg

I've bought a £18 food white boiler suit from a local health and safety shop and dyed it Silver Grey (IdyePoly and IdyeNatural). It was meant to be in there for 30 mins plus but took out after 5 mins.

The Flak jacket was made by dismantling an old T-shirt and using curtain lining material.

I've added inner sleeves - using templates from an old boiler suit - thigh pockets/ spats/neck seal using the WoF templates and guides on this site.

I'm going for cheap and quick as I'm running a Half Marathon in it in 2 week's time. What do you think? Is there a quick way to balance the colours?

Armour is next...

If you fancy sponsoring me I'm running for Save the Children - https://www.justgiving.com/RunFettBoyRun

Thanks in advance,

Helmet now finished. Made using Antman's tutorial and WoF's templates. The inside was fibreglassed. The visor is laser cut and then was dropped hot from the oven into the visor to take the shape. An old motorbike helmet was cannibalised for straps. My son painted the stalk and rangefinder - the best bits obviously. The rest was painted by a guy at work for a bottle of whiskey! I think the grey bits need to be more silver/metallic.

DSC04720.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back