Belts & Holsters Rubies Holster

scarbrs wrote:Im still looking for those darn things.

If you want to get them online then go here http://www.johnsonsmith.com/
It's the only place i've seen them where its actually in stock plus its the cheapest place i've seen them ;). hope this helps.

dual_fetts.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And if anyone is interested... I just finished my mold for my leather holsters, and am expecting to have alot of leather left over after finishing mine... Would anyone be interested in real leather ones?

Just got my holster today. I agree that yes, the majority of the belts need to be replaced, the thigh and waist ones for me. The thigh belts were too small and the waist belt is all warped out of shape. ALso, where the velcro is placed it's made for a 4 year old so I'm prolly gonna rip the velcro out and put in the little studs like thr real one...any idea where to get those brass studs?

I plan to :) I dont have the money or skill to work with leather so I'm using what I did my ammo pouches with. 79 cent sheets of colored brown foam that I weather up with scissors and make the edges all rough and it looks alot like leather. Not as strong, but I think it'll work for the strap that need replacing. All I'm using from the Rubies holsters are the holster parts themselves and the silver loop holder. I just used the rest as a pattern.

Kylash,
How do you plan to attach the holsters to the leather belts?

Mike

JediCostumer, I'd be interested in a pair of holsters. I PM'ed you!

Mgr, I plan to attach the foam holster straps to a leather belt using Goop. I used Goop to attach the holster parts from Rubies to the foam straps as well. I just need to get thr right color paint for the holster parts and a leather belt.

I might be relacing the belt on my holster,(I picked up 3 ladies belts at kmart for 9 bucks!)so I am wondering if goop will bond leather?

Mike

Hello!

I would like to make my own hosters and I saw that you have already done this. I have never worked with leather like this. How exactly do you make the holsters and have them keep their shape? I understand if you would rather not share you secret.

That is a great question Mirax. Who are you asking? I too am curious about how to make the holster portion. But I will be glueing with goop! The stuff has only been setting for 6 hours and it is not coming apart.
Thanks for the suggestion kylash.

Mike

No prob :) Anyone know of a certain kind of scissors that will cut leather? I cant get it to work ^_^; Thr foam sheets im using are good, but I might replace them with some real leather later if I can cut it.

Kylash,
When I made my ammo pouches I used some leather mag holders from an army surplus store.They were too big so I had to cut them down. I used a utility knife. It worked pretty well. You might try that.

Mike

This thread is more than 21 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back