Rub and buff topics [merged]

Good Idea. I should have done that.

I got alot of it out in the middle of all the parts it helps to leave some on the egdes it gives it a worn look. R&B fills inthe little pits.

Eric

Last edited by a moderator:
I started weathering my armor last night. I used Rust-oleum chrome silver spray paint over a wet-sanded grey primer, then I wet sanded that with 600 grit and used rub&buff on it. Finally, I used a dry and wet brush and some black acrylic to dirty up the edges of the armor. I put a clearcoat of polyurethane on it this morning and when I get home I'll snap some pics. Im thinking of wet sanding the clear too to take some of the glossyness away.

If you don't want it to shiney.I would use A matte finish clearcoat.Still has the layer of clearcoat to protect.But is not shiney.Trust me on this,You can also use the matte finish on top of A regular clearcoat.Still it takes away all the shineyness.I don't think shineyness is A word.But it works.

Is rub and buff like a paint that you use as silver/chrome or is it like something you rub on to make things look shiny. This is probably in another thread but I can't find it.

It is like car wax with color to it. Rub it on and buff it off, hence the name. :) The silver makes Jango armor look shiney while the black can be used for weathering. But just like all waxes, it will eventually wear off.

This thread is more than 21 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back