ROTJ SE Build

GregKoz

New Hunter
Hey everyone,

I am completely new to this world of cosplay and building and would really appreciate as much advice as possible. I recently purchased the Hasbro Black Series Boba Fett helmet and it just really sparked my interest in pursing cosplay. However, I personally prefer the look of Boba in ROTJ. I talked to some cosplayers on Instagram and they all gave me some nice feedback about where to start and some places to look to for armor, helmets, and other parts. But now I am thinking of making my first built as a Return of the Jedi Special Edition build since I have the BS helmet (I realize it probably isn't cosplay worthy, but its something I'm curious about since I'm not sure where to get my first helmet from other than Wasted Fett. But I am not ready to pick a helmet just yet).

Now, I think I want to start with figuring out where to get a flightsuit and flak vest from and armor after that. With that all being said, I would love if anyone could point me in the right direction of what THEY feel I should start with as far as armor kits, rifle, and the soft parts and where to purchase from. I also am planning on painting my own build. I don't want to look into 501st approval just yet but I still want to practice making it look as accurate as possible. I think it would feel much better if I was able to get approved with my own work later on instead of just "buying my way in". Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Good morning - welcome! I’ll let others chime in with specific vendors, but I’ll mention that there are plenty of reputable vendors, and stress the importance of doing your research before purchasing anything! If you’ve narrowed your choice down to a specific vendor, search the forums for information and others experiences with the vendor!

Besides that, my suggestion (since you’re painting things yourself) is to start with some small pieces to get your feet wet. Start with boots & blaster and go from there. That way you’re able to build some confidence in your technique as you move forward into painting the more recognizable parts!

Good morning - welcome! I’ll let others chime in with specific vendors, but I’ll mention that there are plenty of reputable vendors, and stress the importance of doing your research before purchasing anything! If you’ve narrowed your choice down to a specific vendor, search the forums for information and others experiences with the vendor!

Besides that, my suggestion (since you’re painting things yourself) is to start with some small pieces to get your feet wet. Start with boots & blaster and go from there. That way you’re able to build some confidence in your technique as you move forward into painting the more recognizable parts!
Awesome! That sounds like a great idea to me. I’ll look into buying a blaster and other small pieces to get into the painting. I’ve also been told that I’m able to repaint things if I make any mistakes. Is that true?

Take your time, and you shouldn’t make any mistakes...hahahaha! Paint is paint. It can be taken back, removed, re-worked and painted over. Obviously it depends on the material you’re working on, but generally speaking yes.

Take your time, and you shouldn’t make any mistakes...hahahaha! Paint is paint. It can be taken back, removed, re-worked and painted over. Obviously it depends on the material you’re working on, but generally speaking yes.
That’s fair... haha. Thank you for all of your help!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back