Silver Layer-Testors Metallic Silver
RP1.jpg

I used Tracedown waxfree tracing down paper to apply the stencils
RP2.jpg

Using Maskol, I masked the silver parts and weathered the fading silver
RP3.jpg

For the backpanel green, I used Rustoleum Hunter Green
rp3a.jpg

Without getting into crazy detail, I end up misting with dark grey using an airbrush and topcially applied the silver damage to the back panels.
RP4_1.jpg

Attachments

• RP1.jpg
    RP1.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 306
  • RP2.jpg
    RP2.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 291
  • RP3.jpg
    RP3.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 304
  • RP4_1.jpg
    RP4_1.jpg
    295.3 KB · Views: 304
  • rp3a.jpg
    rp3a.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 328
Next thing I tackled was the dome. Once again, I used the stencils, masked, used dark grey airbrush to hit the spots needed and end up using a combo of dark grey and black airbrush for weathering effect:
For the dome green, I used Rustoleum Spruce Green. I learned that attempting to mask smaller details is too hard, so it was easier for me to topically apply the smaller detailed silver damage.

rp10%201.jpg

rp10%201.png

For the Visor rim, I used a combo of Vallejo Acrylic Paint of Hull Red and Fire Red mixed 75-25 and airbrushed it on. Once again, I only masked bigger silver damaged and topically applied the smaller details. I then airbrushed the weathering using dark grey and black.
RP5.jpg

RP20.jpg

Attachments

• rp10%201.jpg
    rp10%201.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 282
  • rp10%201.png
    rp10%201.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 331
Last edited by a moderator:
The upper mandibles I used Tamiya Acrylic Sea Blue XF-17:
RP15.jpg

And lower mandibles, I used Spruce Green, same as the dome.
RP16.jpg

I topically applied the majority of the silver damage on the mandibles, misted and weathered with dark grey and black airbrush:
RP20a.jpg

RP25.jpg

For the Killstripes I could not find the recommended Vaspar Hacienda Tile from Lowes, so I settled for Lowes Vaspar Island Orange. I used Testors Masking tape 1/4inches to get the line spacing between the stripes. After painting on the stripes, I used a exacto knife to cut out the kill stripes damage while the paint was semi dry and rubbery.

RP26.jpg

Absolutely Stellllar job brutha, this is looking GR8. Did i read somewhere this was a lid from ??? from fleabay thats a recast of a FPH2 ???
H

Hunter930. It is speculated it is a recast of FPH2. However, it is a very poor cast. I had to dremel the ears so they would fit properly. Half way through painting, the lower check cracked and chipped by simple day to day handling. It was purchased through Sithplanet, but they also sell on ebay.

No speculation...it's a FPH2 recast. Chris (Fettpride) pointed this out months ago when corbanth (Randy) first started selling these.

Sent from my iPhone

Finally after about 2 months of repainting the armor and another 3 repainting the helmet, I am done. It was definitely a learning experience. For all those guys like Darth Voorhess, Fett4reals, Afettfullofdollars, 22ssplt, Fettseven or anyone else who does commissions, Kudos to you guys for mastering this craft. It truly is an art form and your prices for commission are well worth your time and work. You defiantly get what you pay for and hope this is lesson for those considering buying pieces on the cheap from little known makers of Fett or from ebay.

Here the finished helmet.
rp35.jpg

rp36.jpg

RP37.jpg

RP38%202.jpg

The helmet did not come with the rear dental files, so I picked up a 3D set from Toolguy.

Just a quick before and after:
rp33.jpg

RP34.jpg

RP30.jpg

RP50.jpg

I can say this, it might be a recast, but definitely not the quality. I have a Fettpride helmet and the weight, quality, mold are night and day when you see it up close and get your hands on it

No speculation...it's a FPH2 recast. Chris (Fettpride) pointed this out months ago when corbanth (Randy) first started selling these.

Sent from my iPhone

Dom, thanks again for the info. I decided to do a comparison shot. On the left is the cast from Randy Johnson. On the right is the FP GMH. I forgot to also mention. The range finder he sent is made of wood, which I had to sanddown as well and will ultimately be replaced.
c1.jpg

c2.jpg

c3.jpg

c4.jpg

I recently helped out Gionny with his ROTJ helmet paint up and I wanted to share some paint changes that worked out, especially since they do not include Humbrol or Rustoleum. So while it is fresh in my head, I decided to document it before I forgot.

Here is my ROTJ Helmet Paintlist:

Main Dome and Lower Cheeks: Tamiya Field Grey Spray Can (TS-78) replaced Rustoleum Spruce Green
***NOTE Tamiya Field Grey Spray and Bottle Paint for airbrushing dry very differently. The bottle dries much darker and a few shades different.
Back Panel: Tamiya Green (X-5)-Acrylic Airbrush Bottle. replaced Rustoleum Hunter Green
Upper Cheeks:Tamiya Sea Blue (XF-17)-Acrylic Airbrush Bottle
Kill Stripes: Model Master International Orange-Acrylic Airbrush Bottle
Red Visor: Vallejo Hull Red and Fire Red mixed 75-25-Acrylic Airbrush
Ears/Keyslots: Vallejo Dark Grey Acrylic Airbrush
Primer: Model Masters Spray Primer
Silver Layer: Testors Gloss Metallic Silver Spray Can
Detail damage paint: Vallejo Aluminum and dark grey -Paint on with detail brush

HELMET: Fettpride GMH

RJ7.jpg

Upper Cheeks: Tamiya Sea Blue
Visor: Vallejo Hull Red and Fire Red mixed 75-25

Silver damage applied topically with detail brush and Vallejo Aluminum and dark grey acrylic
rj8.jpg

Tamiya Field Grey Spray can used for lower cheeks and dome
rj9.jpg

Airbrush weathering using grey and black
rj11.jpg

Rear Panel Tamiya Green X-5 which replaced the Spruce Green
RJ1.jpg

Kill stripes: Model Master International Orange which replaced the Lowes Vaspar Island Orange.
RJ2.jpg

Final look using paintlist
rj3.jpg

rj4.jpg

rj12.jpg

While helping out Gionny with his armor, I also made some changes to the paint I used for the ROTJ armor

Here is my new paintlist:
Armor: Tamiya Field Grey Arcylic Bottle Airbrush (Not Spraycan)
Silver: Testors Gloss Metallic Silver Spray Can
Yellow: Model Master Zinc Chromate (Airbrush)

The new results with RKD armor:
ar2.jpg

Weathering detail added
ar1.jpg

Last edited:
Silver Layer-Testors Metallic Silver
View attachment 146790

I used Tracedown waxfree tracing down paper to apply the stencils
View attachment 146792

Using Maskol, I masked the silver parts and weathered the fading silver
View attachment 146794

For the backpanel green, I used Rustoleum Hunter Green
View attachment 146797

Without getting into crazy detail, I end up misting with dark grey using an airbrush and topcially applied the silver damage to the back panels.
View attachment 146799

I my name is Sean and I recently acquired a ROTJ complete kit from a member we lost to a heart attack about 2 years ago. I believe I have that exact same helmet from Sith Planet with the wooden pieced range finder as well. The paint on the armor and helmet is so bad. You have done an amazing job here. I just bought an airbrush machine on amazon which will be here tomorrow but I have never airbrushed in my life and I'm scared to death. I was curious about the stencils. I was able to download and print them but I am not exactly sure how to use them. It looks like you have that waxpaper on the helmet then the stencil over that. Does that put wax on the helmet that you just paint over? How do you mask it? What is that stuff that appears to be purple in color almost looks like wax. Just trying to find out how to use the stencils. This is a great build thread thank you. I hope I can follow it well enough to do what you did, otherwise I just have to pay someone to paint this armor and helmet for me. Any idea how to fix or buy another rangefinder that will fit this helmet? What did your friend end up doing for that? Thank you.

bh19812 check out these videos they will help you understanding the stenciling/masking process.
Blaidon Props

If you bought an airbrush machine off of amazon, by recommendation is the send it back. Purchase a small pancake air compressor. The airbrush compressors Amazon has are not strong enough for the work needed for Boba Fett painting. I would recommond Passache airbrush single action as a good introduction.
https://www.amazon.com/Paasche-H-SE...d=1542066764&sr=8-3&keywords=paasche+airbrush

Practice, practice, practice with the airbrush before you tackle the helmet..

As for the rangefinder, we replaced it with a resin one.

Tfett40 thank you so much! I cancel the airbrush and ordered the one you suggested tomorrow I will go get a compressor. One last question about how many psi do you think I need I notice they are selling a lot of small pancake air compressor’s so I don’t really know how much power I need

Last edited:
Tfett40 thank you so much! I cancel the airbrush and ordered the one you suggested tomorrow I will go get a compressor. One last question about how many psi do you think I need I notice they are selling a lot of small pancake air compressor’s so I don’t really know how much power I need
125-150PSI/6 gallon should be more then enough. You can likely get away with a 3 gallon 100PSI from harbor freight, which cost around $60

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back