General ROTJ Boba Fett WIP 501st Approved

The MOW flak vest fits pretty good. I am 5'9" 215 lbs. & usually large to x/large depending on fit. I have broad chest & shoulders. The way that it is split on the sides works well cause you can adjust the girth around your mid section. I like how it fits.

Doesn't look like much but block sanded the jetpack & worked on the rocket. I need to do some spot putty work & the main body of the jetpack is ready for primer. Need to do some detail work on the rocket.

First im sorry about the poor quality of my pictures. I'm using the WOF template for my jetpack and I have a question about your approval process
in the pictures you have (see first picture below) the joint between the top "deck" of the pack (where the beacon light and tanks mount) is a nice
sharp corner. I've seen pictures where this seam is smooth and rounded. did you receive any notes on this sharp seam or did that part pass without
much push back from your approving officer? (sorry I'm making mine for 501 entry and I know they are sometimes pretty picky)

- - - Updated - - -

DSCF5188-1.JPGScreenshot_20160727-084245.pngScreenshot_20160727-084118.png

DSCF5188-1.JPG

Screenshot_20160727-084245.png

Screenshot_20160727-084118.png

Last edited by a moderator:
First im sorry about the poor quality of my pictures. I'm using the WOF template for my jetpack and I have a question about your approval process
in the pictures you have (see first picture below) the joint between the top "deck" of the pack (where the beacon light and tanks mount) is a nice
sharp corner. I've seen pictures where this seam is smooth and rounded. did you receive any notes on this sharp seam or did that part pass without
much push back from your approving officer? (sorry I'm making mine for 501 entry and I know they are sometimes pretty picky)

I didn't have any issues getting my Boba approved with the 501st & Mandalorian Mercs. There wasn't anything that my GML had an issue with. For me my Boba was a 3 year long build with scratch building everything. In that time I opted not to change things even though I learned things that would have an affect on what I had made. I did make some changes but not all pieces. For basic approval I don't think you would have an issue but I am not a GML but if you have concerns in regards to this you could get in contact with your GML & ask. Where you are at right now you could easily add the radius/bevel to that area.

This was my first time making a jetpack & I was using a couple of pep files that were done by a couple of guys. I have since come up with my own design which I have proved out (Jodo Kast Build: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f34/jodo-kast-wip-51419-post651473/#post651473 ) & feel much better about the look of it.
20150912_180143_zpsb4rz3wuk.jpg
20150912_180520_zpsbnz8ktvg.jpg

I have plans to work on updating thing on this costume but that will come in time. I have a couple of other projects that I am working on & am in the planning stages of a doing another Boba but will be lacking some colors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive seen their stuff before, all the ones I see have no edge IDs. Its just not the same without it. :confused:
Can someone please get a hold of toolguy on his MM page? He told me his account is frozen here on TDH or something like that and I cant reach him on MM anymore.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back