REN2100's ESB Boba Build

REN2100

New Hunter
For some reason, I never created a build thread here and but I was reminded to post one so here’s my ESB Boba Fett build!

I haven’t done a Fett or Mandalorian related build before so it was a daunting build at first. For the helmet, I got a Wasted Fett FPH II for my build. I’m really happy with how it looks and can’t wait to see it fully finished!

IMG_1347 (2).jpg

I had a lot of trouble with my helmet in the early stages. The first problem I had was with my airbrush. For some reason nothing was working so I ended up getting a new airbrush and that fixed the problem. I had tried some rattlecan paint before upgrading my airbrush, but I hated the look of it and didn’t like the look of hand painting all the damage. So, I restarted the whole paint job and sprayed on the silver. Once that dried, I masked off the silver damage on the face with masking fluid and sprayed on the grey damage.

IMG_2570.jpg

After that, I masked off the grey damage on the upper cheeks and sprayed on the black.

IMG_2577.jpg

I moved on to the red after that and I decided not to stencil off the right side of the mandible and just hand paint the damage because it seemed like the easiest way to get the damage. I'll also hand paint the maroon on mandibles since I ran out of red to spray on a layer.

IMG_2591.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1347 (2).jpg
    IMG_1347 (2).jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 317
Dang that is really nice! What paints are you using? If you dont mind me asking.

Thank you! I'm using Humbrol paints for my build. I followed the painy by numbers chart in this thread.

Got a lot of work done since my last update. I added on the kill stripes and all the damage around them. I also hand painted a lot of different details and added scratches on the dome. I should be done with the dome soon and then I'll move on to the back panels.

IMG_2769.jpg
IMG_2764 (1).jpg
IMG_2765 (1).jpg
IMG_2763 (1).jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2769.jpg
    IMG_2769.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 262
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back