Rebuilding the PP3

MinuteFett

Active Hunter
Hey guys,

recently acquired a scan of the PP3 and this thread will be dedicated to rebuilding it from a 3d print.
Some aspects of the scan will be reworked along with separating the ears and installing a new MQ1 into the Rear key slots.

As of now the plans are only to rework some things to make them sharper such as the dent, and fix maybe some warps.
Screen Shot 2019-11-17 at 9.09.27 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-17 at 9.09.53 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-17 at 9.13.21 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-17 at 9.13.42 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-17 at 9.17.50 AM.png

For which helmet was the Pre-Pro #3 helmet scanned? Master Replicas?

It looks great. Is the file shareable?
Hey Rafal!
It was scanned for MR but this is before MR messed it up and enlarged it for their helmets.

As of now its not available to the public but I don't mind sharing it with a great mind like you!

So, a couple things.

The PP3 helmet simply does not have the left-eye (while wearing) wink that your scan clearly does and while the left vertical mandible does slant slightly, the right does not and the entire vertical section of the T-visor on your scan is angled. That was an aspect seen primarily in the PP2 helmet and its direct descendants. Also, the left vertical mandible extends lower than the right side.
1574101058050.png

The rear-headband of the PP3 helmet is also visibly wonky behind the right ear...
1574101136620.png

and their definitely isn't a dip in the headband behind the left.
1574101229020.png

Not sure what is going on with that back left lower panel either, it shouldn't bubble outward like that
1574101301226.png
1574101387491.png

Your Borden is also misplaced and the angle of the base moving forward is incorrect and seems to slice downward.
1574101508294.png
1574101523508.png

Lastly, you say you plan to re-work some things and mention installing a new MQ-1 board in the key-slots. Your scan clearly shows the MQ and the PP3 never had it. Why would a scan of the PP3 helmet already have the MQ installed? Also missing is any of the PP3 damage. Why wouldn't that be on the scan?

What's really going on here?

So, a couple things.

The PP3 helmet simply does not have the left-eye (while wearing) wink that your scan clearly does and while the left vertical mandible does slant slightly, the right does not and the entire vertical section of the T-visor on your scan is angled. That was an aspect seen primarily in the PP2 helmet and its direct descendants. Also, the left vertical mandible extends lower than the right side.
View attachment 181881

The rear-headband of the PP3 helmet is also visibly wonky behind the right ear...
View attachment 181882

and their definitely isn't a dip in the headband behind the left.
View attachment 181883

Not sure what is going on with that back left lower panel either, it shouldn't bubble outward like that
View attachment 181884View attachment 181885

Your Borden is also misplaced and the angle of the base moving forward is incorrect and seems to slice downward.
View attachment 181886View attachment 181887

Lastly, you say you plan to re-work some things and mention installing a new MQ-1 board in the key-slots. Your scan clearly shows the MQ and the PP3 never had it. Why would a scan of the PP3 helmet already have the MQ installed? Also missing is any of the PP3 damage. Why wouldn't that be on the scan?

What's really going on here?

I purchased this file believing it may have been a pre prototype scan of the pp3 MR used before then cleaned it up and did their stuff to it.
In light of recent discoveries, I’m going to delay this project further until I discover what this truly is. If it’s not a pp3 base, but truly a pp2 base, I’ll abandon this project and share this file publicly, as it still may be a good base for others to use

Last edited:
That bulging seen on the left rear is only a feature seen on the PP2 casts from the KT process i.e. the KT and Art's old GM. It isn't even a particularly prominent feature of the PP2 itself. The dent doesn't look particularly PP2 though. It's almost as if someone was trying to work from a PP2 cast base and trying to cover the signposts but wasn't knowledgeable enough to cover it up properly; where is this scan from?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back