Re-Doing Don Post's Helmet

Irongladiator

Active Hunter
TDH PREMIUM MEMBER
Helloe Fellow Fett's,
I'm looking to put together a Boba Fett (RoTJ) costume and am wanting to re-do an older Don Post mask I have in an attempt to save some money upfront. (I'll eventually get around to getting a much better Boba Fett Helmet - but for now...) I've reached out to DAZ at Boba Maker concerning his T-Visor, but also wanted to get input from members here. Here is the Don Post helmet as it is right now.

Don Post 1.jpg
Don Post 2.jpg
Don Post 3.jpg
Don Post 4.jpg
Don Post 5.jpg

I know I have a bit of dremeling and sanding to do but what do you guys think? for the time being can I spruce this one up?

Thanks,
-Iron

In my honest opinion, its not worth it. The time you lose could be better spent on painting a quality helmet kit. Since you'll end up upgrading in the future anyways. A t visor from daz will cost im assuming 20-30$ especially because of international shipping and the fact that it might not even fit your helmet. If anything, get a simple shade 5 welding visor from amazon for 5$.

MinuteFett - you seem like you’ve been at this awhile. What are your thoughts on attaching this visor to the helmet. I’d like it to be somewhat sturdy. I looked at this:

Which didn’t look terribly difficult. Is this how a lot of folks do it?

Coincidentally, this guy is also using what I just got at Amazon too! (y)

Thanks,
-Iron

This guy is doing a lot more work than necessary. Buy some Chicago screws, sand the inside where you plan on placing the screws and epoxy them inside. The put the visor inside and facing the sun and sharpie the spots where you will cut small holes for the screws to go through. And ta da!

Check these out :)

Attachments

• E10FFF6F-4E8F-4E9D-BD46-79BE58600597.jpeg
    E10FFF6F-4E8F-4E9D-BD46-79BE58600597.jpeg
    406.2 KB · Views: 318
MinuteFett - Outstanding work! It’d also save me the hassle of sanding and re-painting the helmet a bit. Though I will be putting on the “Reddish/Orange“ kill stripes in place.

Thanks for sharing!
-Iron

I used these because of the flat top which helped it sit on the helmet. :)

Attachments

• A41DD633-0D73-4530-B164-0E7092ECF290.png
    A41DD633-0D73-4530-B164-0E7092ECF290.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 309
MinuteFett - I decided to heed your advice. I've abandoned the idea of trying to re-use my 1996 Don Post Helmet. I've made it thus far as to dremeling out the T-Visor (See below, it was kind of a pain), as well as making a template and picked up the stuff you said would do the trick. My plans are to complete it so I have a display piece or may end up giving it to a buddy. But I've opt'd to drop the coin on a Bobamaker Helmet V4 as well as commission him to do the paintjob on it. Just waiting on the quote now. In addition to his Helmet V4, I'm also gonna be picking up the Chest, Shoulder and Knee Armour and again having him do the paint job on it. (This is a spendy hobby I'm quickly finding out - hehehe) Based on the reviews I've been seeing about Boba Maker his items and work is top notch!

Don Post 8.jpg

Don Post Project 1.jpg

Once I have it completed I'll repost the picks of it on here. And when I finally get my Boba Maker Helmet V4 I'll show a side by side comparison, no doubt will I imagine it'll put the Don Post to shame. ;)

Thanks for the knowledge and assistance on this though. (y)

-Iron

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back