RafalFett's Boba Fett 3D Projects

The 3D model of the Supertrooper/Pre-Pro #1 Flamethrower section of the 10th post was updated with the flamethrower casing, the inner copper parts and the inner aluminum parts models for Shapeways. Here's a simulation of how the parts should fit together:
ST Flamethrower Inner Parts Fit 01.jpg ST Flamethrower Inner Parts Fit 02.jpg ST Flamethrower Inner Parts Fit 03.jpg

Hey everyone! I'm not exactly sure where to find RafalFett's Hollow Rocket/Grapple file. The one on Shapeways with the hollow interior isn't available to download and the one on 3D warehouse isn't the file shown in the picture as the tip on the rocket is merged with the body of the rocket. I wanted to print the rocket hollow for easier printing.

Your 3D printer software should be able to hollow it for you. If not let me know and I can hollow it out.
For reference this is what I was describing

I think Cura hollowed it out already for me? I'm not entirely sure but this is the hollow rocket and then this is the solid rocket

Attachments

• HOLLOW ROCKET.png
    HOLLOW ROCKET.png
    206.7 KB · Views: 228
  • SOLID ROCKET.png
    SOLID ROCKET.png
    121.9 KB · Views: 224
I don't use Cura, but my guess is that it is hollowed out. Typically you have to tell it to print 100% infill to make it solid. Try printing it. You will know quickly if it's hollow or not.

I don't use Cura, but my guess is that it is hollowed out. Typically you have to tell it to print 100% infill to make it solid. Try printing it. You will know quickly if it's hollow or not.
I did print it last night and it was solid, It didn't do so well with my printer which is why I was interested in the hollowed out model

Edit: Solid as in there was infill

Last edited:
The files that are not downloadable on Shapeways are special requests or parts separated from the bulk. You are free to modify the models to your needs (for personal purposes). In your case, you can hollow out the rocket easily with most of the free editing programs

The files that are not downloadable on Shapeways are special requests or parts separated from the bulk. You are free to modify the models to your needs (for personal purposes). In your case, you can hollow out the rocket easily with most of the free editing programs
Ahhh I understand, thanks Rafal Fett! This jetpack is probably the biggest prop I've done yet! :)

I hollowed it out for him.

Wow! Great work on the EE3! Had no idea this already existed. Do you scan your original designs or do you design from scratch? How did you get the checkered pattern on the grips?? Trying to learn the details of solidworks myself but for the life of me I can’t figure that one out.

Thanks Rafal I am in the process of printing all of your stuff! However, I'm getting this error when printing the body in SuperSlicer. I think it's because the hollow model has too thin lines? Any ideas?
1639764891578.png
1639764854182.png

Hello I have somebody could help me I’m trying to work out if these files need to be resized depending on the height of the individual thanks

This thread is more than 8 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back